October 2013 Moms
Options

Possible yeast infection?

So I've never actually had a yeast infection before but I am thinking I may have one.  I was put on antibiotics by my GP last week for an upper respiratory infection so I think that may have been what caused it.  Since I've never had one I'm not entirely sure what to look for or what can be done to help it.  I'm mainly just itchy down there, no icky discharge or any odd smell or anything.  I'll finish up my antiobiotics this weekend so I'd imagine after that it should go away, but until then I'm not sure what to do about the itch issue.  Any ideas what I could do just to help with the itch?  Since it's a Fri evening it's not like I can exactly call the dr (and honestly it isn't bothering me that much).  I have been making sure to eat yogurt this week since I know that's supposed to help with yeast infections.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Possible yeast infection?

• Options
    newby1newby1 member
    I'm not an expert but I don't think it clears up without meds. I was that way when put on antibiotics but for me it was a barely itch but a lot of discharge. Figured it was pregnant symptom but next day it was full blown uncomfortable. Doc told me to use over the counter monistat 7.
  • Options
    It most definitely won't go away without meds but u need to finish the antibiotics before u take anything for it or it can come back. 7 day Monistat is ok but ONLY the 7 day treatment. U gotta get it cleared up before it gets worse trust me it can get to the point where it makes your stuff hurt and not just itch
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's doubtful that it would clear up on its own.  And if you aren't done with the antibiotic course, it may just get worse.  I would def go with the 7 day Monistat before it gets all swollen, discharge-y, and super itchy.  Not comfortable!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback ladies,  After calling to verify with the dr, I did go out last night and picked up some Monistat7, so hopefully the itching will soon cease! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"