February 2014 Moms

When did you call the OB/MW?

I'm super excited I got a BFP at 9DPO yesterday (and of course today since I POAS again lol), but I feel silly calling so early to schedule anything with the midwives at the birth center I plan to birth at.  I was thinking of waiting until at least 5weeks since I know the earliest I would probably get an ultrasound would be at 6weeks. 

WDYT? 

imageimage"">
              Feb '14 Siggy Challenge: Cats in Space

BFP 5/30/13 EDD 2/11/14
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When did you call the OB/MW?

• I found out on a Friday and called that Monday. My Dr.'s appointment is during week 6 but it's good to get a jump on their schedule especially if you live in a busy big city like I do. They won't think you're silly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I called right away. I've always lived in bigger towns and the appointments fill up fast.
  • Loading the player...
  • Confirmed Sunday, called on Tuesday because of the holiday.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • I call as soon as I see a positive haha we have a waiting list here so I have to be on top of it. Why not call? It's one less thing to do when you're exhausted and nauseous
  • BFP on Sunday, called Tuesday. First appt. is at 8 weeks, and they were pretty booked already. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I called about an hour after getting my BFP!! :) I'm scheduled for my first visit once I'm 8 weeks.
  • Man, now I wish I had called today. Now I have to wait until  Monday :(

thanks ladies! 

imageimage"">
                  Feb '14 Siggy Challenge: Cats in Space

BFP 5/30/13 EDD 2/11/14
    Pregnancy Ticker

• shear22shear22 member
    I found out at 11 dpo and called the OB the next day. Congrats!! :)

• I waited a couple weeks because I actually wanted to make sure it wasn't a chemical pregnancy.  I have had 2 chemicals, one being really recent,  so I just didn't want to deal with doctors and their tests if it was going to be another chemical.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • Another vote for calling right away. I was on progesterone supplements with my first pregnancy and wanted to get tested again ASAP.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got by BFP on Memorial Day and called on Tuesday.  I wanted to make sure I was able to get an afternoon appointment so I wouldn't have to miss work. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I called the day after I found out--I was 12 DPO when I got my +.  I'll be 10 weeks at my first appointment.

• I called a few days after I got my BFP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"