August 2013 Moms
Options

Very depressing...

I have been trying on clothes and swimsuits and I am honestly to the point of tears... I had shopping trouble before pregnancy but this is 10xs worse... And maybe it's the extra hormones idk.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Very depressing...

• Options
    How the f!ck does one shop for swim suits during pregnancy, anyways?! I went to two stores today looking for swim suits and didn't know what to do. Do I just buy a 2 piece bikini thing? Do I buy a tank top deal? And the sideeyes I got for looking at the nice 2 piece suits by the skinny bishes down the aisle! Give the confused pregnant woman a break, people!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageTurtleMomma:
    How the f!ck does one shop for swim suits during pregnancy, anyways?! I went to two stores today looking for swim suits and didn't know what to do. Do I just buy a 2 piece bikini thing? Do I buy a tank top deal? And the sideeyes I got for looking at the nice 2 piece suits by the skinny bishes down the aisle! Give the confused pregnant woman a break, people!

holy mess! i know it, right? where to start? LMK when you decide which route to go maybe that will help guide me! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageTurtleMomma:

Ugh. I feel the same. I have *tried* to purchase a swimsuit on at least 3 occasions, but I feel so lost and don't know what to do. Everytime we've gone to the beach so far, I've worn my old tankini, but my belly is likely to burst out of that now.

That being said--I think tankinis or bikinis are easier, but this is beacuse I'm petite and one pieces are often made for taller people. Also, my bottom is a lot bigger than my top.

• Options

I just did the swimsuit shopping thing on Thursday... and yikes.  I tried Motherhood Maternity, but everything was really ill-fitting (I'm tall, with a large chest and still don't have much of a bump).  Then I tried Sears/Lands End, but all the tankinis were too short, which kind of defeated the point.

I ended up at Everything But Water and spent a small fortune on a non-maternity tankini made for D cups.  I hated forking over that cash, but I figured it was worth my mental sanity every time I wanted to go to the beach this summer.

Good luck! 

• Options
    JBear02JBear02 member

I JUST bought a suit yesterday from Target's maternity section. It's where I'd go; they probably have more options online, but I needed the suit for that day haha.

Hope you ladies find what you're looking for!

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I bought two from Target. One was just a maternity tankini top that I can wear with my regular black bottoms from my prepregnancy suit. The other is actually a non maternity vintage style suit that has lots of ruching on the sides and middle, so my bump fits perfectly. I tried it on last week, and the little attached skirt actually helps where I'm more sensitive about, my hips and butt. Good luck with your search!!

Edited: cause autocorrect doesn't know what a tankini is
  • Options
    I had an easier time finding a suit while pregnant than when I am not! Motherhood and target had great stuff. Motherhood has 50 percent off right now in swimsuits!
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• Options
    I'm doing the Bikini I don't care about looks I'm showing off this belly while I have it! The only prob is my boobies are HUGE!
  • Options
    I have a tankini from Motherhood Maternity. Well, the top is from MM, because I am long torsoed and it was one of the few that fit. The bottoms are from target's maternity section.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    I've been trying on a bunch of maternity swimsuits and none of them fit, they are always too small or too big and arent very comfortable. I decided to go with 2 piece bikini and let my belly stick out. I just cover it with a towel on a beach so that people don't stare at me
  • Options
    Yea, definitely won't be doing a two piece anything. I'm looking for a really cute one piece WITH a cover up.

I'm not used too feeling large. This is all new for me.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageCaliforniaDream87:
    Yea, definitely won't be doing a two piece anything. I'm looking for a really cute one piece WITH a cover up.

I with you! I am more enduring vs. enjoying my new body.

Also if I may ask, those doing two pieces... Do you have any stretch marks yet?
    Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • Options
    imageJBear02:
    I JUST bought a suit yesterday from Target's maternity section. It's where I'd go; they probably have more options online, but I needed the suit for that day haha.Hope you ladies find what you're looking for!

The target we were at had maternity swimsuits but they looked like something an old lady would wear... I just couldn't do it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsBlindLove:
    imageCaliforniaDream87:

I with you! I am more enduring vs. enjoying my new body.

Also if I may ask, those doing two pieces... Do you have any stretch marks yet?

I am getting them on my hips and then the extra weight on my thighs and that has been the hardest stuff for me to deal with. I feel like a whale.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I just bought this swimsuit from Old Navy:

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=79560&vid=1&pid=530346012

(sorry for the lack of linky)

And really like it... I think it looks rather flattering (as flattering as a maternity suit can) and it wasn't overly expensive.

Just thought I would share! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Photobucket
    Caleb Jonathan
    Born November 30, 2011

The Winking of an Eye
    A blog about the mommyhood, wifehood and lifehood of a misplaced Minnesotan in SoCal
  • Options
    zora51zora51 member
    I have a pool at home. Been wearing my prepreg bikini bottoms with a biiiiiigger size top from walmart. Haha I MIGHTget a long tank or coverup to wear at the beach or when my son has friends over but so far no stretch marks and I dont mind my belly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"