July 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone travel by plane recently with LO?

Hey ladies,

I'm getting ready for my upcoming trip in less than 2 weeks and I want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. I still have a few days to order stuff from Amazon if needed. 

Have any of you recently traveled with your LO's? (MM, I know you have! :))Can you offer me any tips for traveling with a 10.5 month old? Last time I was on a plane with Ava she was 4 months old so this will be very different. I will be all alone with her (oh joy...) and the first flight we'll be on will be around 5-6 hours and the second will be a short one (45 min).

Also what types of toys/items I should be bringing with me as well. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something from all my many lists.

Thanks! :)

Re: Anyone travel by plane recently with LO?

• Options
    H and I just took our first flight with Dagny. About 2.5 hours. I bought some small new toys and books for her so they would be exciting. And lots of snacks. She also liked playing [and ripping] the magazines on the plane.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I flew with DD in March/April and I am going to fly again with her in a couple days.

Last flight DD was very entertained by all the people. I brought some teething rings that are attached to a cloth as they don't take up too much space in the bag bug are big enough that she would loose them easily.

I would bring some snacks that are easy for to hold onto and not too messy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went twice in the last month...I looked up toy recommendations this age group, one was the jackpot, the wonder wheel, $8.99 on diapers.com, it entertained him better than anything else, the wonder wheel and snacks were very helpful. He fussed some but was much better than I anticipated.  Oh and good old Ice cubes and then opening and closing the window shade.  
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    zyaszyas member

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the help and tips.

Unfortunately I do have to lug a bunch of crap with me but I'm packing as light as I possibly can. My mom bought Ava some new summer clothes and PJ's so that will be a bit less to take and they have a crib and high chair there already.

I do however have to take a stroller, her carseat & base (she's still in the infant seat) but I'll be gate checking those like I did last time. On the plane I'll be taking my big purse/diaper bag and my backpack. most of the stuff in there will be snacks and toys for the plane. I'm bringing my ergo to wear her in through the airport as I'll have the carseat/base in the stroller. The thing that sucks is that I have to go through customs in Vancouver before switching planes, which means I have to pick up my luggage (one BIG suitcase) and lug ALL my stuff through customs alone. It was a pain in the butt last time.

Oh and if the wonder wheel toy you're talking about (shermans) is the same one I'm thinking about - we have it already! And yes she loves it. It's the Sassy one that has the suction thingy on the bottom right?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"