3rd Trimester
Options

For those who are worried about the size of their baby...

So our LO arrived on May 28 @ 39 wks, 2 days at a whooping 9 lb, 7 ozs delivered vaginally!! OB told me just 2 wks ago thought it would be small, like 6-7 lbs at most. My first was 7 lbs. So as most people have said, don't stress about projected size or having a larger baby vaginally!! It will all work out and your body will do what it can do!!

Re: For those who are worried about the size of their baby...

• Options
    Congrats Mama! Good job!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Good job! I never understand people getting all worked up about big babies. My boys were well over 8lbs and the smallest in my family. Little babies scare me.
    BFP 4/3/07 EDD 11/23/07 MC 7/20/07 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dS was 11lbs 2oz and I had him vaginally. Dr thought he would only be 8lbs or so....boy was he wrong!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow, Great job and Congrats! 

• Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations
  • Options

Congratulations. You are correct that the projected size should not worry people. I was told by my doctor that DD was measuring to be 9+ lbs. I did end up having an emergency c-section, but DD was actually 7 lbs 13 oz. She just wouldn't drop after 50 hours of laboring at home....for whatever reason. I am a tiny person, but I know a girl much tinier then me that was able to have a vaginal birth. While size can be of concern due to GD or other reasons, doctors can not really tell you the exact size from a U/S and they can't really predict what your body will do.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"