February 2013 Moms

duh moment with my meitei

We use the infantino meitei carrier the most now, and I had a duh moment that I wanted to share in case anyone else was feeling the same way. I also just saw a bunch of pictures on instagram so I know others are doing what I was... I always felt bad because the knot was right on her back and I figured it hurt! I would always worry about it and stick my hands under it to cushion her back or try tying it differently but that never worked. Then one magical day my brain went "tie it to the side" and we've been happy ever since lol. I tie it slightly off center so the wide flat band goes across her back. Hope this helps someone! Otherwise I'm just a dummy who was late to the game Haha

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: duh moment with my meitei

• We got one from BRU when we did our big "shop for baby" excursion.  When I finally opened it - after the return by date - I found it had clearly been used and shoved back into the box and the instructions were nowhere to be found.  So I've been stuck with this carrier that I really want to use and sounds like is really good, but I don't know how.

Glad it is working out for you!  (And a little jealous...hahaha.)  If I ever figure out how to work it I will keep that in mind.

• I don't have that brand, but I cross the straps under his butt for more support and tie in the back.

Like this - only I cross my straps like I'm going to tie in a knot in the front (so half a knot?), but then keep pulling the ends to the back to tie.  (ETA:  I don't know if that brand is a traditional mai tai carrier, but here's a video on how to tie!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRqF341yg7s

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Pitter,.. the straps on this one aren't long enough for me to do that, but they might be for a very thin person

Jkuhmann... It's so easy: you tie the waist straps around you and double knot them. Then hold baby close while you pull the carrier up. Throw the shoulder straps over each shoulder, cross them in b back and bring them back around to tie in front. I think there are directions right on it too! Or try a YouTube video

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"