Breastfeeding
Options

fridge storage question

hello, just wondering if I can use a complete bottle ( with nipple attached and bottle cap on) to store milk in the fridge?  If I can, for how long...five days?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Re: fridge storage question

• Options
    I just started pumping this week and called the lactation nurses at the hospital I delivered at to ask the same thing yesterday. She said I could store milk in the fridge in the bottles. I had read online it could stay in there for a variety of different lengths of time. The nurse said it could be in there for up to a week.
  • Options
    PP is right, there are a lot of different answers on the internet about how long you can keep milk in the fridge.  I think it's different per person.  Some people may let it go 5 days or a week.  I personally freeze anything that gets to 4 days out (if I know DD won't drink it that day), because once my milk gets to day 5, it doesn't smell right anymore (and you can definitely tell when it isn't right!).  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At our breastfeeding class, our nurse told us to remember the number 5.  5 hours for milk left out on the countertop, 5 days for the fridge, 5 months for the freezer.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"