Stay at Home Moms
Options

8 pages on underwear?

Has everybody lost their minds?

Though I do want to know what Diapers/Wipes was talking about.  

Re: 8 pages on underwear?

• Options
    Underwear, shorts, dresses and bikini's too.  1 post I have read/posted on today.
  • Options
    I love that it gave me someone to add to my crazy post it. The mom who was going to talk to her kids kinder teacher about making her kid follow the same rules as everyone else. I swear we have more than our fair share of crazies on this board.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAndrewsgal:
    I love that it gave me someone to add to my crazy post it. The mom who was going to talk to her kids kinder teacher about making her kid follow the same rules as everyone else. I swear we have more than our fair share of crazies on this board.

Isn't her kid a baby too?  

• Options
    imageKateMW:

imageAndrewsgal:

Isn't her kid a baby too?  

I hope so. She needs a few years to drop the crazy before her kid gets to school or she will be the talk of the teachers lounge. I can even imagine.
  • Options

imageAndrewsgal:

I was a teacher for years and I've never made a child sit with their legs crossed in a dress. People let their kids teachers get away with too much. I'm not changing her wardrobe just because the teacher wants everyone to sit the same way. WTF does it matter how they're sitting as long as they're sitting quietly.

It's been along day and idc if you think i'm crazy.

• Options
    I just gave up reading through it ::headdesk:: 

although it did make me realize that I'm going to enjoy dressing DD before she can move and it becomes hard ;) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Options
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

I was a teacher for years and I've never made a child sit with their legs crossed in a dress. People let their kids teachers get away with too much. I'm not changing her wardrobe just because the teacher wants everyone to sit the same way. WTF does it matter how they're sitting as long as they're sitting quietly.

If you were a teacher then you should know how crazy your request will sound. I so a freaking Rule that every kid sits on the carpet one way. God forbid your child follow the rules. You go ahead and teach your little precious rules are make to be broken I see that working out really really well for you in the future. 
  • Options
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

If you were a teacher then you should know how crazy your request will sound. I so a freaking Rule that every kid sits on the carpet one way. God forbid your child follow the rules. You go ahead and teach your little precious rules are make to be broken I see that working out really really well for you in the future. 

Great, now I have to go scroll back through 8 pages to figure out what this is about.

• Options
    imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

Great, now I have to go scroll back through 8 pages to figure out what this is about.

Last page. She says if teacher makes her kid sit criss cross applesauce in a dress she will have words with said teacher. 
  • Options
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

If you were a teacher then you should. Know how crazy your request will sound. I so a freaking Rule that every kid sits on the carpet one way. God forbid your child follow the rules. You go ahead and teach your little precious rules are make to be broken I see that working out really really well for you in the future. 

Why does it matter how they're sitting? What teacher has time to waste trying to make everyone sit the same way? As long as my students were being quiet and paying attention, it never mattered what position they were in. I could have spent half the day trying to make sure everyone was sitting the same way. You want her tobe wearing shorts? Well she's not, the teacher isn't her mother and doesn't get to pick her clothes. Tough sh.it.

• Options
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

If you were a teacher then you should. Know how crazy your request will sound. I so a freaking Rule that every kid sits on the carpet one way. God forbid your child follow the rules. You go ahead and teach your little precious rules are make to be broken I see that working out really really well for you in the future. 

Why does it matter how they're sitting? What teacher has time to waste trying to make everyone sit the same way? As long as my students were being quiet and paying attention, it never mattered what position they were in. I could have spent half the day trying to make sure everyone was sitting the same way. You want her tobe wearing shorts? Well she's not, the teacher isn't her mother and doesn't get to pick her clothes. Tough sh.it.

You obviously were not a kinder teacher. It is a lot easier to have expectations of everyone sitting the same way with their hands in their lap. That way they are not kicking the person beside or in front of them. I have never seen a kinder class where kids don't have to sit this way. I am sorry your child is above the rules you will have a huge reality check when your kid goes to school. Not to mention I have never seen a school that the dress code does not mandate shorts under dresses. Or is your snowflake so special she does not have to follow dress code either?
  • Options
    imageMinipenguin:

. You want her tobe wearing shorts? Well she's not, the teacher isn't her mother and doesn't get to pick her clothes. Tough sh.it.

The preschool/elem you choose has a rule that they have to wear shorts while wearing dresses, then what?  You choose a different school?

I would never let my girls wear dresses if I had to constantly get on them about how to sit & be a lady.  Yes, I have bought capris/bike shorts to go under my dresses because I fear to flash someone running after my toddler on the playground.

How old is your DD?

• Options

imageAndrewsgal:
    You obviously were not a kinder teacher. It is a lot easier to have expectations of everyone sitting the same way with their hands in their lap. That way they are not kicking the person beside or in front of them. I have never seen a kinder class where kids don't have to sit this way. I am sorry your child is above the rules you will have a huge reality check when your kid goes to school. Not to mention I have never seen a school that the dress code does not mandate shorts under dresses. Or is your snowflake so special she does not have to follow dress code either?

I taught preschool, kindergarten, and first grade.

I've never taught in a school that had a code about what kids had to wear under their clothes. If they wore dresses, they just sat on their bottoms with their legs in front of them, closed. Which is how an adult would sit. I think it's more important to teach them how to sit in a dress than to just put a bandaid on the problem.

The school we are planning to send her to is a private school with a uniform. I know several kids (well, parents who send their kids) who go to this school and none of the girls wear shorts under their jumpers.

If my kid were not wearing shorts and the teacher made her flash everyone, regardless of whether or not she were breaking the rules by not wearing shorts, yes, I would be furious.

• Options
    imageArnegard:

I would never let my girls wear dresses if I had to constantly get on them about how to sit & be a lady.

Okay, that's your choice. Idc what other people do with their kids, my point was that with my kid, I would not make her wear shorts under her dress. And I would expect that her teacher allow her to sit appropriately for the clothes she's wearing.

• Options
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

I've never taught in a school that had a code about what kids had to wear under their clothes. If they wore dresses, they just sat on their bottoms with their legs in front of them, closed. Which is how an adult would sit. I think it's more important to teach them how to sit in a dress than to just put a bandaid on the problem.

The school we are planning to send her to is a private school with a uniform. I know several kids (well, parents who send their kids) who go to this school and none of the girls wear shorts under their jumpers.

If my kid were not wearing shorts and the teacher made her flash everyone, regardless of whether or not she were breaking the rules by not wearing shorts, yes, I would be furious.

How old is your child? Please please please come back in 5 years when this is an actual occurrence in your life.  

• Options
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

A private school is a good choice they are used to catering to entitled nuts.
  • Options
    imageKateMW:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

How old is your child? Please please please come back in 5 years when this is an actual occurrence in your life.  

I was the best mom before I had kids.
  • Options
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

That's most of the reason I chose it. I want to DD to grow up knowing what it's like to have everyone bend to her whim.

• Options
    I hate underwear. Never wear them unless I have dress or a skirt on. They bunch all up and look unattractive. Theres an ffc
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • Options
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

That's most of the reason I chose it. I want to DD to grow up knowing what it's like to have everyone bend to her whim.

I can tell and that without a doubt sounds like a recipe for a successful life.
  • Options
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

Lydia goes to a private school for preschool and will continue going there for grade school and beyond. Her teacher has the kids sit criss cross applesauce. I think you have a slightly skewed idea of what private schools are like. Circle time is on the floor, kids sit on there butts, criss cross applesauce. Just like anywhere else. Private school isn't some parallel universe.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs.Greg:
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

Lydia goes to a private school for preschool and will continue going there for grade school and beyond. Her teacher has the kids sit criss cross applesauce. I think you have a slightly skewed idea of what private schools are like. Circle time is on the floor, kids sit on there butts, criss cross applesauce. Just like anywhere else. Private school isn't some parallel universe.
    But if she makes her sit like that in a dress you should yell at her teacher. That is not right, just not right at all.
  • Options
    imageMrs.Greg:
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

I think she was being a smartass, but I could be wrong. Anyway, my daughter went to private school from 4k-2nd grade...they sat in a circle, CCAS and everybody did it. 

• Options
    imageKateMW:
    imageMrs.Greg:
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

I think she was being a smartass, but I could be wrong. Anyway, my daughter went to private school from 4k-2nd grade...they sat in a circle, CCAS and everybody did it. 

But what about the poor girls in dresses? 
  • Options
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageArnegard:

I would never let my girls wear dresses if I had to constantly get on them about how to sit & be a lady.

Okay, that's your choice. Idc what other people do with their kids, my point was that with my kid, I would not make her wear shorts under her dress. And I would expect that her teacher allow her to sit appropriately for the clothes she's wearing.

I know at home my kids are NEVER just sitting nicely.  Right now 2 are playing on the floor and 1 watching cartoons with her feet up in the air.  Of course, your kid may never do that.

• Options
    imageKateMW:

Oh haha! I missed the sarcasm.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageDiapers&Wipes:
    I can say this underwear debate is way more ridiculous than pouches or dandelions. Seriously! I would have never imagined anyone could be convinced there isn't a need in some situations for girls to throw on a pair of shorts under a dress. I prefer to let my kid run and play at the park instead of reminding her to pull her dress down. If I can throw on a pair of shorts under to keep myself from saying, "Ava, pull your dress down" 63 millions times I will do it. Lazy parenting for the win!
    obviously there are two groups of parents on the bump. The perfect ones and the pouch feeding, TV watching, shorts wearing lazy ones. 
  • Options
    imageCnAmom:
    Of all the hills to die on....
    Shut up you don't know my lyfe my kid will be perfect, never lift her dress and not have to listen to her teachers.
  • Options

What the hell?  How to wear a dress and sit CCAS:  Bunch your dress in the open space between your legs.  How is that in any way difficult?

How are you expected to play Duck Duck Goose when you have your dress all bound around your legs or you're sitting with your legs crossed in front of you?  You lose precious chasing time that way because it's more difficult to get up. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    imageMermaids&Magic:
    imageCinemaGoddess:

What the hell?  How to wear a dress and sit CCAS:  Bunch your dress in the open space between your legs.  How is that in any way difficult?

Omg. Once during a sorority event, I did this and I was in troooouble. It was "uncouth and unbecoming." My president kinda had a stick up her @ss.

Biitches be crazy. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

imagechelseymat:
    I hate underwear. Never wear them unless I have dress or a skirt on. They bunch all up and look unattractive. Theres an ffc
    What kind of underwear do you wear that this happens? Are they 5 sizes too big?  Granny panties?  There are these things called "thongs" now, that prevent bunching from happening and also protect your pants from unsightly vagina sweat. 

Unless you were being funny about the panties bunched thing.  In that case, nevermind. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMrs.Greg:
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageAndrewsgal:

But if she makes her sit like that in a dress you should yell at her teacher. That is not right, just not right at all.

Nah, it's cool. She's wearing shorts. :::wink:::
  • Options
    imageCinemaGoddess:

imagechelseymat:
    What kind of underwear do you wear that this happens? Are they 5 sizes too big?  Granny panties?  There are these things called "thongs" now, that prevent bunching from happening and also protect your pants from unsightly vagina sweat. 

Unless you were being funny about the panties bunched thing.  In that case, nevermind. 

I've tried them all. No underwear style is as comfortable as none. Try it. I only do it with pants or shorts though.....don't want to accidentally flash my vag. Oh and if you chose my route you can't wear your pants more than once because that would be gross. 

• Options

imagechelseymat:
    Oh and if you chose my route you can't wear your pants more than once because that would be gross. 

Bahahahha!!  So true!  I'd rather wash 2 pairs of panties than 1 pair of jeans though.

• Options
    imageArnegard:

imagechelseymat:
    Oh and if you chose my route you can't wear your pants more than once because that would be gross. 

Bahahahha!!  So true!  I'd rather wash 2 pairs of panties than 1 pair of jeans though.

LOL fair enough. Like I said, it was an ffc of my underwear hatred. I'm sure most people wouldn't agree. 

• Options
    imagechelseymat:
    imageCinemaGoddess:

imagechelseymat:

I've tried them all. No underwear style is as comfortable as none. Try it. I only do it with pants or shorts though.....don't want to accidentally flash my vag. Oh and if you chose my route you can't wear your pants more than once because that would be gross. 

You are the first person I've come across who said they won't wear thongs because they bunch. Most people say it's because it's like wearing buttfloss. 

I've tried going commando before.  It didn't end well.  That one time made me realize that I can't go a day without wearing panties and panty liners. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    imagecjcouple:
    How do you guys even know how the kids sit on floor? Lol

I have no clue, not something that ever came up.
    I have volunteered in their classes quite a bit.
  • Options
    imagecjcouple:
    How do you guys even know how the kids sit on floor? Lol

I have no clue, not something that ever came up.

Oh, I volunteer in Lydia's class at least once a month.
  • Options
    imageCinemaGoddess:
    imagechelseymat:
    imageCinemaGoddess:

imagechelseymat:

You are the first person I've come across who said they won't wear thongs because they bunch. Most people say it's because it's like wearing buttfloss. 

I've tried going commando before.  It didn't end well.  That one time made me realize that I can't go a day without wearing panties and panty liners. 

oh thats true. They don't bunch. I actually prefer them to anything else except of course nothing. Eh to each their own....just thought it was appropriate given everyone was all worked up over panties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"