June 2013 Moms

Measuring small?

At my 36 week appt today the doctor said she thought baby was measuring small based on fundal height. Have an ultrasound next Thursday now. Worried and hoping there isn't anything wrong with my LO

Re: Measuring small?

• My fundal height started measuring 1cm "behind" around 34 weeks. The OB didn't seem concerned since everything else looks healthy. Hopefully your u/s can give you some reassurance.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have been there!  I hope all is well!

My last pregnancy I was 2-3 "weeks" behind from about 30 weeks on.  I had low fluid and DD was in the lower percentile for size.  I did NSTs, growth scans and fluid checks constantly but baby girl was just fine!

I am measuring 4-5 "weeks" back this time.  I have had growth scans and fluid checks and everything is looking fine so OB isn't concerned.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD1 measured 1-2 weeks small from 20 weeks on.  I ended up being induced at 41w5d and she was born at 7lbs 13oz, pretty average size considering she was almost 2 weeks late.

This baby is measuring the same, 1-2 weeks behind since 20 weeks.

My doctors aren't concerned, I may just make smaller babies. 

DD #1 August 2010 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Some babies are just small, there's probably nothing to worry about. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Based on Fundal height I am measuring 4 weeks behind, I had an ultrasound and she's measuring right on track in the 50th percentile.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was 39 weeks yesterday, today i am still measuring 35 weeks.  I had an ultra sound on tuesday.  Baby is measuring in the 78th Percentile and I am at 18 for fluid.  My doctor was shocked she is so big and i am measuring so small.  She just figured that she is laying in a weird position. 
  • I have been measuring 1-2 weeks small ever since my Dr started measuring me at 24 weeks. At my 20 week scan they said she was in the 30th percentile,so I knew she was on the small side. I had an apt this past Wednesday and after my Dr measured me she said she wants to do a growth scan next week. It has me worried as well, all the other weeks she always said I was fine and gave different reasons I could measure small. She did not say I am measuring even smaller than before, all I could get her to say was I am still a few weeks small. but I feel like I must be measuring smaller for her to decide to do a growth scan after never mentioning it before.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • thanks everyone, i feel better now. hope everything stays well with all of our LO's
  • My LO has been measuring small all along. They ruled out IUGR because although she's consistently measured small, she's never dropped percentage wise and has always been above the 10th%.

I just had a growth scan yesterday and she's now measuring 34 weeks 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"