February 2014 Moms

Hello and BFP reveal ideas for DH?

Hi ladies,

Congrats to all of you on your pregnancy news.  I'm kind of in shock right now, and not ready to tell IRL friends yet, so here's my news: I just found out that I am pregnant.

As a back story, I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and saw a fertility doctor to conceive my daughter.  In February, we went back to the doctor to figure out a game plan for #2.  I breastfed DD, and didn't ever get a period, so the doctor said to stop breastfeeding, and to set up an appointment one month after I had completely weaned. Then, he would give me medication to start my period and we could start TTC again. Today is one month from when I weaned, so I went into the doctor to have bloodwork done and was expecting a call from them to tell me where to pick up the prescription. Instead, they just called to say I am pregnant. Crazy and exciting!  They think I am 3 - 4 weeks along but will need to do an ultrasound in a bit to find out for sure.

So, my question for you is, how should I tell my husband when he gets home from work tonight?   Any creative ideas?  How did you let your SO know the news?  Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hello and BFP reveal ideas for DH?

• imageSgrRay929:

The first time I got KU we'd been trying for almost a year. I had a fortune cookie I'd made by holding one from a restaurant over a pot of boiling water until the steam softened it enough that I could take out the fortune and replace it with my own ("You're going to be the best daddy ever!"). Put it in a shot glass to keep it's shape. When I found out I was KU, I asked if we could order Chinese for dinner and made him open the fortune cookie afterwards.

This time I just walked up to him and said, "Holy shitballs, I'm finally pregnant again!" Not quite as romantic or exciting. ;)

Love it!  Both great stories!  :)  Congrats!

• imageSgrRay929:

The first time I got KU we'd been trying for almost a year. I had a fortune cookie I'd made by holding one from a restaurant over a pot of boiling water until the steam softened it enough that I could take out the fortune and replace it with my own ("You're going to be the best daddy ever!"). Put it in a shot glass to keep it's shape. When I found out I was KU, I asked if we could order Chinese for dinner and made him open the fortune cookie afterwards.

This time I just walked up to him and said, "Holy shitballs, I'm finally pregnant again!" Not quite as romantic or exciting. ;)

Love it!  Both great stories!  :)  Congrats!

• Loading the player...
  • With my second one I had my son walk up to him and say, "Mommy has a baby in her belly!" This time he was there and I was just shocked and excited! We got pregnant this time without any drugs that we needed last time.
                     7/08, 1/12, 2/14, Due with baby #4  2/12/16 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It took us three years to get pregnant with DD.  The entire time I would fantasize about fun ways to tell DH I was finally pregnant and I had an image of his reaction and how great it would be. 

When the big day came, I couldn't contain myself and I ran into the room at 3:00 a.m., woke him up, and told him, "look, I'm pregnant!"  At first he couldn't see the line, which led to a whole 'thing'.  Then, when he finally did see it, he said, "I told you so." and rolled over and went back to sleep.  I felt so ripped off, lol.

This time, I'm waiting until I have a very clear line (hopefully tomorrow).  Then I'm going to take a picture of our daughter holding a sign saying "Daddy, I'm going to be a big sister!"  Then I'll tell him that SweetsJunior has a picture to show him on my phone. I'll also have a picture of the two lines to prove it.  

TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • With DD he was right there. With DS, we had been TTC for a while, so I'd created a CD of his favorite artist's songs that all had Baby in the title.

I'm not sure what I'd do this time around...

I'd try to use your DD to tell your DH! A big sister onesie or something? 

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Congrats! Our LO's (well, my younger one)  are close in age, and I have PCOS as well.

For the first baby, I wrote "IM PREGNANT!" on a piece of paper and hid it in the clean clothes pile I had just brought upstairs.  I asked him to help me fold laundry. I kept waiting for him to pick up the paper and he was staring at the TV so hard he was taking FOREVER to fold, so I finally just reached down, picked up the paper, and said "LOOK!"  lol

The second time, I repeated the tradition and gave him an early anniversary gift with a paper inside that said "IM PREGNANT AGAIN!" 

This time I crawled into bed next to him and said something offhand about "next time I'm pregnant..."  and then I said "Only, I am pregnant"  and showed him the stick.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • We lost our baby in December. DH told me he was out at the gravesite, so I told him to wait there for me. I had an envelope with a letter that said "Our little monkey sent us a gift from Heaven...There is a rainbow of hope at the end of every storm. Congrats, Daddy" and pulled the hpt out of my pocket to show him!
    Our baby boy passed to SIDS on 12/6/12http://oi59.tinypic.com/2vaebew.jpg
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    A gift from Heaven...Our Little RAINBOW arrived 1/31/14!

• imagebepandnick:

imageMissy0483:
    We lost our baby in December. DH told me he was out at the gravesite, so I told him to wait there for me. I had an envelope with a letter that said "Our little monkey sent us a gift from Heaven...There is a rainbow of hope at the end of every storm. Congrats, Daddy" and pulled the hpt out of my pocket to show him!

This brought me to tears.  So sweet and sad and loving.  Congrats and I hope this is your rainbow.

Thanks ladies! It's a very bittersweet week. Our son's first birthday is 6/6. It's early, but we want everyone's support and will be telling family and friends this week. I'm excited to see the reactions, but also sad that Blake isn't here physically to celebrate with us.
    Our baby boy passed to SIDS on 12/6/12http://oi59.tinypic.com/2vaebew.jpg
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    A gift from Heaven...Our Little RAINBOW arrived 1/31/14!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"