June 2013 Moms
Options

Best time for newborn pictures

For the BTDT moms or our May moms here on the board...when did you do newborn pictures? We didn't do them first time around and we have a photographer scheduled to do some single newborn shots as well as pictures of both kids together. The photographer suggested doing them around 5 days but that just seems so little...any input appreciated
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Best time for newborn pictures

• Options
    My photographer says between 5 and 10 days old.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our photographer said before 2 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

10 days is when I am planning.

• Options
    I've also heard within the first 10 days is best.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The sooner the better!  Most won't do newborn after 2 weeks old.  We had DD1's done at 1 week old and this one ASAP.  
    DD #1 August 2010 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ours is scheduled 10 days from the due date.
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    At my hospital they do them while I'm there. We didn't do them with dd, but this time they're going to do them and if we want them we can buy them.
  • Options
    My photographers says within the first 12 days. DS was 6 days old for his. It seems early, but she said it needs to be for them to curl up like they do in the womb. After that they start to straighten out.

• Options
    We did some of ours at 5 days and the rest of them we're doing today at 10 days.  5 days does seem very young but I think it's when a lot of people do them.  I'd be anxious but the person we had take the pictures is my boyfriend's mom since she's a photographer so it worked out.  Baby got some grandma time and we got some amazing pictures :)
  • Options
    Our photographer is coming to our home  sometime hopefully in the first week to 10 days. We will be doing a bris on day 8 if its a boy, so if it needs to be a bit later because LO is cranky, we will reschedule. 
    Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    My photographer likes to do them within the first 10 days. We had ours done on day 9. 

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • Options
    Someone stopped by in the hospital and asked if we wanted them done there. We did it, they turned out great.
  • Options

I think most photographers will tell you 7-14 days.  We did DD when she was 4 days old, that was the youngest our photographer had done.  Besides peeing and pooping on everything, she did great!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My photographer recommends by 10 days old.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I am a photographer. while we do normally say between 1-2 weeks is best. it's really best before one week. I just know most people would not like that, and I get it. but two week olds are too fussy and I always spend way more time waiting for the parents to calm their baby vs shooting. it gets really stressful for the parents.. my husband is a photographer as well, so since I know I'll be too sore from my c-section I'll have him do some pictures right in the hospital (by far the best time) and some like the day after we get home. Of course with both of us being photographers she'll have a camera in her face daily :) but those will be days we take more than a few snaps. 

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • Options
    For DD we had hers done at 9 days I think.  Photographer said 7-10 days was ideal.  She slept like a champ for all the sleepy baby pics.  It was the awake ones that were a little harder with her. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a photographer but I've been working on it as a hobby.  I'm going to try to do some cute newborn photos myself around day 10.   Ditto the pp's that stated before day 14.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"