Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby food

DS is 5 months and we are going to start solids.  I'd like to make my own baby food. Any suggestions for what works best? Baby bullet, food processor? 

Re: Baby food

• Options
    I steam or bake the veggies, and use a food processor. Nothing too fancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    Cbeau+3Cbeau+3 member

Same I bought a cheap one from Walmart. The trick is to have enough food and liquid so that is works properly. I went to https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com for ideas on what and how to cook. I also read some uk and Canadian resources on first foods, they have a different approach on first foods and I agree with a lot of it.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Our rice cooker also works as a steamer so I use that to steam the fruits or veggies. I then puree it in the blender with enough water to make it as thin as I want it. Food processor works fine as well if you have one.

You can also bake things like sweet potatoe, carrots and squash. This eliminates a lot of those dishes to clean. Avocado and Banana does not need to be cooked.

wholesomebabyfood.com is a good guide for what to give at 4-6 months.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    EagsEags member

imagerjeller32:

This.  So far I've only made one batch (we're not starting solids just yet, but I wanted to see how long it took, etc), but we didn't buy anything fancy for the cooking part.

I did buy some glass containers to store his food in, but that's just a personal preference.

6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    imageEags:

imagerjeller32:

This.  So far I've only made one batch (we're not starting solids just yet, but I wanted to see how long it took, etc), but we didn't buy anything fancy for the cooking part.

I did buy some glass containers to store his food in, but that's just a personal preference.

We have glass jars too. We use old ones from canning stuff DH's grandma gave us. They work pretty well, or I freeze in an ice cube tray.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"