September 2013 Moms

no shoes that fit - Call me Cinderella!

so I almost had a melt down this morning on my way to work...I tried on 4 different pairs of sandals...not one fit...the one pair has always been pretty loose...Finally found a pair I could get on my elephant foot...My left foot is swollen like crazy, of course with a cankle to go with it....'sigh'...My flip-flops last night also looked like I was squishing them from the top...I guess I am shoe shopping this weekend!

Re: no shoes that fit - Call me Cinderella!

• My feet have been the same way.  I've been rocking the flip flops a lot lately because all my closed toe shoes are just way too uncomfortable.  Now even the flip flops are getting a little snug!

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • Mrs. MoMrs. Mo member

I have been rocking my Skecher's sandals for a few weeks, now. They were the only thing I could wear all summer while pregnant with DD & I'm sure I will be wearing them everyday to work this time around, as well. Since they are leather, they have some "give."

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty much living in flip flops these days. I'm not working anymore so I couldn't imagine trying to squeeze my swollen feet into high heels or any of my flats. That just sounds painful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I feel your pain. The bad thing is your feet may not go back to the same size PP. I had to throw out so many shoes that I loved last time because my feet grew a whole size! This time it just seems like they are swollen. I need to do shoe shopping this weekend too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mrs. MoMrs. Mo member

imageEMLYNNLERETTE:
    I feel your pain. The bad thing is your feet may not go back to the same size PP. I had to throw out so many shoes that I loved last time because my feet grew a whole size! This time it just seems like they are swollen. I need to do shoe shopping this weekend too!

Shhhhhhh....I'm still in denial. I have a few totes of shoes I refuse to get rid of (from before DD) because I am "sure" I will be able to fit back in them someday.

In reality, though, you are right. My feet are a size bigger and I really hope they will not go yet another size bigger this time around.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • I'm in the flip-flop camp as well. This sucks.

imageimageimage

• imageMrs. Mo:

imageEMLYNNLERETTE:
    I feel your pain. The bad thing is your feet may not go back to the same size PP. I had to throw out so many shoes that I loved last time because my feet grew a whole size! This time it just seems like they are swollen. I need to do shoe shopping this weekend too!

Shhhhhhh....I'm still in denial. I have a few totes of shoes I refuse to get rid of (from before DD) because I am "sure" I will be able to fit back in them someday.

In reality, though, you are right. My feet are a size bigger and I really hope they will not go yet another size bigger this time around.

Don't be ashamed, I just threw out my denial shoes right before we moved. Its been over two years since they fit. I actually found it to be more liberating than I thought! DH can actually SEE that I need to shoe shop!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NNGnomeNNGnome member
    Luckily my swelling went down after DS and I could get back into my shoes OK (or unluckily, because shoe shopping would have been fun LOL), but I have been rocking the Birkenstocks for a month now, and I am hoping they last through the summer, if not I will have to buy something else, as I cannot wear flip flops since a tore a tendon wearing some a few years back Sad

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• NNGnomeNNGnome member
    Luckily my swelling went down after DS and I could get back into my shoes OK (or unluckily, because shoe shopping would have been fun LOL), but I have been rocking the Birkenstocks for a month now, and I am hoping they last through the summer, if not I will have to buy something else, as I cannot wear flip flops since a tore a tendon wearing some a few years back Sad

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"