July 2013 Moms
Options

XP: Another Update on Me

I was supposed to have my growth scan on Monday, but DH's great uncle died and I figured it would conflict with the services, so I moved it to today. (Thanks to the ladies who answered my travel question, though I'm definitely not going now.) 

LO still has some swelling in her genital region, so we have no further answers to that.  That has become a moot point to say the least.

3 weeks ago, she was measuring in the 16th percentile.  Now, she's under the 10th and weighs 4lbs4oz.  She "should" weigh 5 lbs.  All of the blood flow and oxygen through my placenta looks perfect, so MFM said he doesn't want to call this IUGR.  He said it's entirely possible that I just have small babies. 

In addition to my weekly non-stress tests, I will start going back to MFM every Monday and Friday to monitor my placenta.  They will measure her again at 37 weeks (June 14th) and make a call at that point as to whether or not to induce me.  I am now on modified bedrest too. 

It has definitely been a whirlwind of a day.  If you could spare any T&Ps or if you have positive experiences with this, I would appreciate it very much!  Liz- I know you said that your DD was on the smaller side, right?

Re: XP: Another Update on Me

• Options

Lots of thoughts and prayers for you and your LO - she very well could be just on the small side.

The head of my office had IUGR with her youngest, so they induced her at 37 weeks, and Gabby was born just fine, no NICU time required, and is now maybe... 12?, tallest in her class, a beautiful ballerina, and a tough basketball player!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Fingers crossed! I hope she's just a small baby and it's not IUGR.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Big huge, squishy hugs. Sending you lots of Thoughts and prayers. FX that baby girl grows! 

DD was only 5 lbs 11oz when she was born. I just have small babies too. I never even got growth estimates (specifically) during my pregnancy with her.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Sorry, no experience to share, but just wanted to say hang in there. T&P that all is well with your LO.
  • Options

imageSpartanmomma:
    Hi Kiki, sorry to hear about your appt today. You and your LO will be in all of our Ts and Ps. I will keep my FX for you that she is just a petite peanut. I also wanted to let you know that even in the event of IUGR, these babies are majorly tough cookies. My DS was severe IUGR born at almost 33 weeks, but came out kicking and screaming and had no other health issues. He continues to be a healthy, normal 3.5 yr old today. My LO is small again this time, but bigger than DS was. No matter what, I know it's scary to hear IUGR, and feel for you. I will be thinking of you over the next few weeks and hoping your LO passes all her testing with flying colors. Oh, and even at tinier sizes the growth US can still be off... DS was 10oz bigger than they predicted!

Thank you!  That's very reassuring!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"