January 2014 Moms

Anyone else's dog gotten super clingy?

So I have two APBTs. I called them my pibbles cause they are so cute and cuddly. Anyways, I'm starting to think they can tell I'm pregnant, especially my boy. Lately he is constantly following me around the house. Everywhere I go he is right next to me. This is unusual for him. He's normally sort of a lounger. He'll watch you walk around but not follow you. Then last week, he was whining to go outside. My husband got up to take him out but he stopped in the doorway and started to cry. He was looking outside like he had to go, but was looking back at me on the couch and hestitating like he didn't want to leave me inside alone. I wound up having to go out back with him, my girl pibble, and DH in order for him to use the bathroom.

Oh and two nights ago I took a bath. He laid next to the tub for the first 10 minutes. Then went to eat some food but came back and stuck his head in the door to check on me like every 5 minutes.

Is anyone else experiencing this with their dogs?  I think it's super sweet but DH thinks I'm just reading into his behavior and doubts the dogs can tell I'm pregnant.

What do you guys think?

Editing to put in pics of the pooches:

EzioValentine

Cuddling Pibbles

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone else's dog gotten super clingy?

• My boxers did this when I was pregnant with my 1st. Neither were really barkers. We live in a town home and on the main street of our subdivision, so we have a lot of people walking by. The female started becoming super protective with me and would bark at anyone walking or near our house. She also became more clingy and cuddly. She still does it to this day.
    Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

• My pug is acting in the opposite way... she wants nothing to do with me!  She did this when I was pregnant with DS as well.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • yes very, she's always been a cuddler but now its just getting ridiculous.

imageimage

• My dog is obsessive and follows me everywhere and I can't take it!! She will sit near us in the other room if the gate is closed and just stares at me. I called her a creep. She was like this when I was pg with DS, too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • My dogs are always a little clingy with me. When DH is home with them, they just hang out and snooze wherever, but if I'm the one home with them, they have to be in the room I'm in, usually on or near the furniture I'm on, if I'm sitting down. The two pitties prefer to be touching me. 

Now, my cat gets ridiculous. She did this with DD as well, and it's super annoying. She follows me EVERYWHERE and is constantly rubbing on me and laying on me. She's always a pretty affectionate cat, but when I'm pregnant, I can't get her to leave me alone.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My cat gets really clingy when I am pregnant!  Annoyingly so.  But after I had DS, he wanted NOTHING to do with me for so long, I missed the clingy.:)
    *****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My cats definitely know when I am pg. They get super clingy and want to cuddle all the time. They will follow me around calling to me for attention, but the oddest thing is what my male cat does! I have a cat perch next to my computer so they can hangout with me while I work. My male has started sitting there staring at me with lazy, happy eyes. Like he just loves looking at his beautiful mamacat's face. He did it for 2 and a half hour straight yesterday. Very strange usually they just sleep!

"Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." -Gandalf 
    m/c #1 01/10/12
    BFP #2 01/18/13. EDD 09/10/13. Missed m/c 02/18/13. 
    BFP #3 5/1/13 My rainbow DS born 1/13/14
    BFP #4 11/11/15 spontaneous m/c 12/28/15
    BFP#5  Praying for another rainbow in February!

• YES!  My dog has been so clingy that she watches me shower.  And when I leave for work, she cries like I'm abandoning her forever.  She's a sweetheart, but I don't think she's ready for the time when she can't fit into my lap to snuggle.  Crazy little fur babies are in for a big surprise!
  • Yes! My male dog had been unusually clingy the last few weeks. My female is always all over me but my male normally likes his space. But since I've been pregnant he constantly wants to sit on my lap. He was like this when I was pregnant with my DD too!
    imageimage
  • imageMissSusieQ:
    My boxers did this when I was pregnant with my 1st. Neither were really barkers. We live in a town home and on the main street of our subdivision, so we have a lot of people walking by. The female started becoming super protective with me and would bark at anyone walking or near our house. She also became more clingy and cuddly. She still does it to this day.

Now that you mention it, my boy has become a barker too. He must hear noises outside because he will run to the window, look outside, and bark. I never realyl associated it before but it is new for him.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagePHXmom2be:
    My sister's pitbull became super protective of her when she was pregnant, and then was protective of my nephew when he was born. My nephew is now six and he and the dog are best buddies, it's very cute to see. We have a greyhound, and as much as I'd like to think he knew I was pregnant, I'm pretty sure he's clueless and is extra lovey because that's just his nature.

Aww that's so cute. My parents are sort of pittie skeptics and they are nervous about us having them with the baby due to their 'reputation' even though mine are total sweethearts and have never done anything to make anyone doubt them. I cant wait for them to be the baby's best friends :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJuliaH21:

My dogs are always a little clingy with me. When DH is home with them, they just hang out and snooze wherever, but if I'm the one home with them, they have to be in the room I'm in, usually on or near the furniture I'm on, if I'm sitting down. The two pitties prefer to be touching me. 

Now, my cat gets ridiculous. She did this with DD as well, and it's super annoying. She follows me EVERYWHERE and is constantly rubbing on me and laying on me. She's always a pretty affectionate cat, but when I'm pregnant, I can't get her to leave me alone.  

OMG. your dogs are so cute! My pits like to be touching me too. My girl loves to lay on my feet :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've noticed the past couple of days that one my cats has been following me around everywhere and wants to be with me at all times (he even follows me into the bathroom). At first it was annoying but then I realized that he probably sensed something and maybe was feeling extra needy or protective..

My other cat acts like I have poison running through my fingertips, he wants nothing to do with me right now. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejamiecal:
    YES!  My dog has been so clingy that she watches me shower.  And when I leave for work, she cries like I'm abandoning her forever.  She's a sweetheart, but I don't think she's ready for the time when she can't fit into my lap to snuggle.  Crazy little fur babies are in for a big surprise!

Oh good! I'm not the only one being spied upon while bathing! Haha. I know they're going to be so sad when they can't sit in my lap or lay right next to me because my tummy will be in the way. It will definitely be a big adjustment for them.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't make my pup leave my side!!!! He has become super clingy!!!! He wants nothing to do with DH unless I am not at home. He can tell something is different.
  • imageMrscaslow:
    imageJuliaH21:

My dogs are always a little clingy with me. When DH is home with them, they just hang out and snooze wherever, but if I'm the one home with them, they have to be in the room I'm in, usually on or near the furniture I'm on, if I'm sitting down. The two pitties prefer to be touching me. 

OMG. your dogs are so cute! My pits like to be touching me too. My girl loves to lay on my feet :)

All the pit bulls I've ever known are very touchy. They're just affectionate dogs.  No matter how hot it is, they'll be laying all snuggled up together, while my schnauzer is always wanting a little bubble of space unless she's cold. :) 

• I was wondering the exact same thing.  We adopted a Jack Russell Terrier 4 months ago, and while he is typically JRT crazy, he is glued to my hip and crazy these days.  Wants little to do with DH and won't leave me alone.  I think he and DH are headed to obedience training soon.  :)
  • I love love love this!! My pittie is doing the same thing!! She wont leave my side and has to lay her head on my belly when i'm in the couch. But the little jerk has tried humping me too which she immediately regrets because i screech at her! She's never done that before so me being pregnant is the only thing i can contribute it too.
  • I have a very sweet 2yr  APBT as well and he has been VERY clingy! He used to be a daddys boy, but now he will not leave my side. He is even being very gentle when playing with his toys with me. I think they know, because he is definitely different since I became pregnant.  

• That is one of the 1st things most ppl brought up when my husband and I announced our pregnancy. "Are you going to keep Bo?" Yes we own a pit bull, but our pit is afraid of the wind and just a big baby haha Our child will be lucky to have such a good protective "Big Brother"  =)
  • My cats get clingy before my dog. But once I hit second tri with DD he was up my bum 24/7 lol He followed me around and laid with me, putting his head on my belly. He got kicked by Emme a few times for his troubles lol But yes pets can sense the changes.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • YES! We have two beautiful pitbulls too, the are the sweetest dogs ever, we have a female who's 8 and a male who's 3 years old.
    I'm 14 weeks pregnant and the female just gently rests her head only belly, When I was about 10 weeks my partner was tickling me and she got in between us and told him off the little madam, but our boy won't stop fussing over me at night he will get of his bed to check up on me about every half hour, if I get a fright or watch Something upsetting on the TV he is right there beside me acting so concerned, the other day slipped on the stairs ( nothing serious at all) but I heard him running from the other end of the house he was very upset and wouldn't stop licking me he hardly leaves my side and is always watching. I wish I could see your photos my phone won't let me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"