August 2012 Moms

Random crazy talk

Have you ever wondered if your EDD was ever "off" based on your LO's temperament and development? I realize every baby is different and develops at different rates, but I sometimes feel like my EDD was wrong. I was "due" Sept 3rd, DS was born Aug 16th so about 2 weeks early. I do admit I have a big boy, but for half my pregnancy I measured a few weeks big, though he was barely 7 pounds when he was born. He's been hitting milestones with the average and if you buy into the whole wonder week thing like I do, he hits them like he went 40 weeks instead of 37.5. Do you suppose the length of your cycle has anything to do with skewing your EDD? My pp cycle was 21 to 23 days so fairly short, I think.

I guess I'm just wondering if I'm crazy or if there may be some validity to my thoughts here. Some days I just sit and wonder "how the heck can he do that yet?!!" cuz it just feels like DS is growing too fast.

Re: Random crazy talk

• I know my due date was right - I was charting, so I know exactly when AF began and ended, and exactly when I got KU.

Charlotte was two days late (and 9 pounds even!) and has generally been a large baby since birth.  DH and I were both very large and very late babies, so we were expecting larger and later.  I was super pleased that she was ONLY 9 pounds and ONLY two days late!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"