Parenting

Intro...Hi!

I've been the creepy lurker on this board for a while. I'm from the Dad's board, 31 years old from Michigan and my wife is pregnant with our first (a boy).  She's due in September. I just wanted to say hi!  It's beautiful outside and I'm stuck in the office.

Oh, I'm a big fan of sausage gravy and I love poutine (I live in close proximity to Canada). 

Re: Intro...Hi!

• Hi! Congrats on the baby boy and welcome!
    DS1 November 2009
    DS2 August 2012
  • Hello!

• Loading the player...
  • Sausage gravy is pretty amazing.

Also, is that Ric Flair in your avatar?  

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Welcome! 
     Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• imagemissyishere:

Sausage gravy is pretty amazing.

Also, is that Ric Flair in your avatar?  

Yep, I'm a big fan of the Nature Boy. 

• imageHilarityEnsued:

Hi and welcome!

Do you like grits?

I do like grits but most restaurants in Michigan don't have them.  I usually order them at Cracker Barrel or Waffle House.   

• imagefutant462:

I've been the creepy lurker on this board for a while. I'm from the Dad's board, 31 years old from Michigan and my wife is pregnant with our first (a boy).  She's due in September. I just wanted to say hi!  It's beautiful outside and I'm stuck in the office.

Oh, I'm a big fan of sausage gravy and I love poutine (I live in close proximity to Canada). 

But how do you feel about cilantro and fruit pies (not together btw)?

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Poutine you say... Ok you can stay.

Welcome!
    SQUIRREL!!!

• imageKitiara5512:
    imagefutant462:

I don't really like cilantro.  I think it tends to overpower whatever food you're eating.  That's probably a food UO.

I'm a fan of most pies, except coconut and pecan.

• Aren't you also a loathing Lions fan?

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imagemissyishere:
    Aren't you also a loathing Lions fan?

What Lions fan isn't a self-loather?  I blame my family for passing down an inexcusable devotion to a team that finds a way to lose, against all odds.

• imagefutant462:

imagemissyishere:

What Lions fan isn't a self-loather?  I blame my family for passing down an inexcusable devotion to a team that finds a way to lose, against all odds.

I don't know a lot of Lions fans, so maybe I can't feel too sorry for you.  Where I live, a good majority are either Bears or Packers fans.  It's not greatly accepted I like the Vikes.

imageimage

• imagemissyishere:
    imagefutant462:

imagemissyishere:

I don't know a lot of Lions fans, so maybe I can't feel too sorry for you.  Where I live, a good majority are either Bears or Packers fans.  It's not greatly accepted I like the Vikes.

Ahh, NFC North rivals I see!  My parents live near Chicago so my Dad is subjected to all sorts of taunting at work from all the Bears fans.  As a Lions fan you just have to sit there and take it because they've never won a Super Bowl, let alone even participated in one.  I'm happy if they have a winning season.

• Do you have pets?

Do you return shopping carts?

Do you like Sbarro?

Do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?

image image
  • imageRondackHiker:
    Do you have pets? Do you return shopping carts? Do you like Sbarro? Do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?

3 boy cats.

I return a shopping cart to a cart corral.  Some stores near us need to add more of those judging by the amount of carts I see parked on grass medians. 

I like Sbarro for the sheer size of their slices but the nearest location to me has a problem with serving stale pizza.  The kind that just sits under that heating lamp for 6 hours before you buy it.

I definitely wash my hands after using the bathroom.  Is that not common practice? 

• imagefutant462:

imageRondackHiker:
    Do you have pets? Do you return shopping carts? Do you like Sbarro? Do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?

3 boy cats.

I return a shopping cart to a cart corral.  Some stores near us need to add more of those judging by the amount of carts I see parked on grass medians. 

I like Sbarro for the sheer size of their slices but the nearest location to me has a problem with serving stale pizza.  The kind that just sits under that heating lamp for 6 hours before you buy it.

I definitely wash my hands after using the bathroom.  Is that not common practice? 

90% of high school boys do not wash their hands after using the bathroom, whether it be a urinal or a stall or at home.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imagefutant462:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imagefutant462:

I don't really like cilantro.  I think it tends to overpower whatever food you're eating.  That's probably a food UO.

::makes note: newb dude does not like nut pies:: Got it.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imageKitiara5512:
    nut pies

I don't know why I find this funny.  

<--------- Very easily amused 

• imageItsAllGravy7:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imagefutant462:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imagefutant462:

This is absolutely bogus. Nut pies are delish. And also- is coconut actually a nut? I never put any thought into this and now I'm interested. Do we have a nut expert? 

I am a nut expert of sorts
  • imageItsAllGravy7:
    imageSalty Man Mayo:
    imageItsAllGravy7:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imagefutant462:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imagefutant462:

This is absolutely bogus. Nut pies are delish. And also- is coconut actually a nut? I never put any thought into this and now I'm interested. Do we have a nut expert? 

I am a nut expert of sorts
    Please dole some expertise. In your experience with a variety of nuts....is coconut actually a "nut". If it's not a nut what is it, a fruit? Can you be a fruit and a nut?

From Google:

Botanically speaking, a coconut is a fibrous one-seeded drupe, also known as a dry drupe. However, when using loose definitions, the coconut can be all three: a fruit, a nut, and a seed.

• Hello, Congrats on your upcoming little boy!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagefutant462:

imageKitiara5512:
    nut pies

My mind was probably in the same bathroom as yours on nut pies, which is why I said it.

<--------------- is a teenage boy

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imageKitiara5512:
    imagefutant462:

imageKitiara5512:
    nut pies

My mind was probably in the same bathroom as yours on nut pies, which is why I said it.

Ditto.

Welcome OP. What's your beer of choice?

• imagegimmietimmies:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imagefutant462:

imageKitiara5512:
    nut pies

Ditto.

Welcome OP. What's your beer of choice?

I'm a big fan of Blue Moon and Paulaner.  My favorite beer is Final Absolution from a micro brewery near me called Dragonmead.  

I recently tried St. Ides on a dare and I have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of cheap malt liquor.  It was pretty harsh. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"