Stay at Home Moms

9 mo old crawling - I'm exhausted...

I've tried to baby proof as much as I can, but whew, this kid only wants to get into things that are dangerous.  He goes after cords like they are candy.  I propped them all up out of reach, or put pillows in front of them, but he still finds a way.  He crawls under the bed and hits his head.  He was nursing this morning in my bed and then turned over and started crawling to the other side of the bed.  I grabbed his legs and pulled him to the center of the bed and then sat up to grab him to put him on the floor and in that second he was able to crawl and over he went.  Face first onto the floor (thank god my husband left his pile of clothes there) but still could have broken his neck.  He just went down for a nap and I am ready for a drink before noon... 

I need a break.  My husband has been working late all week, and I just need a couple hours away.  I work Saturday night for a few hours and can't wait. 

Re: 9 mo old crawling - I'm exhausted...

• I put him in his car seat yesterday and decided to run around and do some errands  just because I was tired of chasing him.  I wanted him strapped down for a few minutes!
  • I hear you. My ds is into everything and screams bloody murder when I try and put him in the exersaucer.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • just wait....it doesn't get better.  wait til the walking/running stage.  I'm much more tired now than when she was crawling.  those were the good ole days.  we can't even go in a store without her running all around and away from me
  • I'm going through this too. I've gated everything but it's impossible to take a shower now bc I don't have a safe place to put him. We tried one of those plastic super yards and our little Bam Bam can push it when he's in it and move it around.

Is there anything saying it's not safe to use the pack play as a play pen? Otherwise I can only shower when he's sleeping or someone else is home.

Sorry to hijack OP!
  • My kid is a daredevil by nature, and decided to start walking at 8 1/2 months. For a few weeks, it was an absolute nightmare. Never underestimate them!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This sort of terrifies me. My 7 month old is right on the verge of crawling, and I'm just so not ready for this. We are trying to baby proof as much as we can but she already tends to roll for all the things she shouldn't have!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"