Multiples

Flustered

I swear if I hear " oohhh your going to get so BIG" I'm going to snap and punch them in the face!!! I am fairly small 5' 5" and now 110 pounds I'm 10 weeks 1 day and im not showing at all I was bigger at this point with my singleton than I am with these babies. Of course toward the end I will be bigger than the average single baby pregnancy but that's because there's two but I don't need to be reminded! How did you all deal with stupid remarks people said? Because my hormones are not going to allow me to be nice any longer.

Together 6 wonderful years.
TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~

Re: Flustered

• I would say if you're having multiples, you might as well get used to the stupid comments now... They don't end after the birth. I just laughed and shrugged off all the comments about my size. People don't think about what they're saying before it's out of their mouth.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JoDocJoDoc member
    I agree with PP.  I am almost 12 weeks and keep getting "you're going to be so huge!" from people as well.  Like I'm not already aware!  But, I just smile and joke even more, saying my bosses will have to get a keyboard extender, or shelf for me to put the keyboard on above my stomach.  Also, they'll have to expand the door.  If I "fight" insult with humor, people tend to back off quicker.  I agree, they don't think before they speak, and 90% of people aren't saying it to be insulting, it's just a surprise to many.

• Loading the player...
  • imagewmorgan003:
    I would say if you're having multiples, you might as well get used to the stupid comments now... They don't end after the birth. I just laughed and shrugged off all the comments about my size. People don't think about what they're saying before it's out of their mouth.

This. It's amazing where the filter goes once more than one baby comes into play. Just take it in stride...and use this time to work on your snarky responses to the most repetitive of questions. ;) 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ceechieceechie member
    imagewmorgan003:
    I would say if you're having multiples, you might as well get used to the stupid comments now... They don't end after the birth. I just laughed and shrugged off all the comments about my size. People don't think about what they're saying before it's out of their mouth.

It's going to be a long pregnancy then....I've become a side show freak. I'm 34 weeks and my husbands co workers will actually follow him outside if I'm there to check me out. I stopped telling people it's twins. When asked when due I just say "not soon enough" and laugh.
  • imageMrsLee04:
    "Well I'm pregnant with twins, what's your excuse?"
    I said that to my stupid father in law .... Haha!

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • People are so rude, aren't they?  It's amazing the things they will say to you.  Just shoot daggers out of your eyes.  They'll get the hint and feel like idiots.  
  • SWA80SWA80 member
    Yeah, get used to it. One coworker tells me every day that I'm bigger than I was yesterday and I'm already having strangers ask if I'm due soon. Um, no. October. Maybe I'll just start lying and saying July.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JoDocJoDoc member
    My mil, when we told her we were having twins asked "How did this happen?"  My DH looked at her and said "Do I really need to explain the Birds and Bees to you?"  She said "But twins don't happen naturally".  Um, yes, they very much do!  (Truth be told, ours were IVF, but she is mean and vindictive and will never know how our blessings came to be)  I pointed out that my sister had twins, my mom miscarried twins, my DH has twin uncles....all NATURAL!  (a pp had commented about stupid comments, had to throw this one in)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"