October 2012 Moms

Excited/hopeful

O has a MPI. At her 6 month appointment, the pedi okayed trying my breastmilk [I was eating dairy] and/or similac advance formula. He was hesitant at first since her reflux is still an issue but I told him my breastmilk was going to for bad by the end of the month [I have around 100 oz so it'll last a few days] so he said we could try it. So we tried my bm and a few days later she for a rash but it was only on her legs and some of her arms. A few days after we tried the bm [day before rash] we took her pictures outside at a park. So the rash kept getting worse so we took her to the pedi and he prescribed her steroid cream and said it could have been either but seemed t be leaning more towards the grass and said I could try the bm and/or formula again in 3 weeks. So here we are, 3 weeks later. I'm so excited to try some of the bm, really hoping she doesn't have a reaction. It'll make trying solids much easier and regular formula is so much cheaper than alimentum! Thats all, thanks for listening :]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Excited/hopeful

• imagecardiganmom:
    O has a MPI. At her 6 month appointment, the pedi okayed trying my breastmilk [I was eating dairy] and/or similac advance formula. He was hesitant at first since her reflux is still an issue but I told him my breastmilk was going to for bad by the end of the month [I have around 100 oz so it'll last a few days] so he said we could try it. So we tried my bm and a few days later she for a rash but it was only on her legs and some of her arms. A few days after we tried the bm [day before rash] we took her pictures outside at a park. So the rash kept getting worse so we took her to the pedi and he prescribed her steroid cream and said it could have been either but seemed t be leaning more towards the grass and said I could try the bm and/or formula again in 3 weeks. So here we are, 3 weeks later. I'm so excited to try some of the bm, really hoping she doesn't have a reaction. It'll make trying solids much easier and regular formula is so much cheaper than alimentum! Thats all, thanks for listening :]

Kind of confused by your post.  Do you BF?  Just trying to figure out why you mentioned the cost of formula.  And why is a milk protein intolerance interfering with trying solids?

Regardless, I totally understand how annoying the MSPI diet is... it is such a lifestyle change.  I hope she doesn't have a reaction and you can indulge in dairy again Smile

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Sorry, that was a little confusing. I stopped breastfeeding around 6 weeks but had a freezer stash of dairy breastmilk still. After I stopped bfing, I put her on alimentum because of the MPI. As for the solids, I meant real solids, not purees. Like yogurt, cheeses, etc. I know its not the end of the world and it could be worse [like your poor girl :[ ].
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahhh, okay haha.  The only thing that I could think of was that you were supplementing, but that still didn't make sense. 

Also... I guess I am so out of the loop on what is normal for solids haha... I didn't realize yogurt and cheeses could be started so soon.  Disregard my ignorance.  And yes, it may not be the end of the world, but whatever problems you are dealing with are still crummy, even if someone has it worse.  R's issues are so minimal in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn't change the fact that they're hard to deal with.  I wasn't looking to make you feel bad.  Sorry!!

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • oh, no worries :]. Yeah every once in a while people will mention trying yogurt, food made with milk, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"