High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Friday Bed Rest Check In

Morning Ladies

How we holding up this Friday ?

Another Friday under the belt .

I slept ok with like 1000 trips to the bathroom, at that stage if I drink one sip of water it leads to 20 bathroom trips sometimes I debate why not just sleep on the toilet but then I realize that wouldn't be to comfortable   .

Re: Friday Bed Rest Check In

• Options
    Lol!

I'm doing well, and have a doctors appt today so I'm excited to see the little squirts! Rainy again here, roads are flooded, can't wait to go for my big drive today and check it all out! Hope you all have a wonderful day and, I think it's time for me to drink my morning water. :
    Married to my dream husband
    Mom to 2 year old BG twins (Incompetant cervix, cerclage, and LOTS of bed rest)
    Pregnant with our next!
  • Options

great to hear everyone is doing well.

I have been reading a book called Down Came The Rain , by Brooke Shields I am about halfway through it , it is about her struggle with postpartum depression

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmc217kmc217 member

Guess I will be chiming in here for the short term future... 

After a very bad day yesterday, my PCP way upped my steroids and my coughing and breathing are somewhat improved today provided I am stationary and in the A/C. Saw the midwife today and baby boy is measuring a little small for the first time and I've lost 5lbs this week (no appetite at all since I've been sick) and his heart rate was initially really high (180s - baseline is 140s) which she thought was from a combination of  my massive doses of steroids and inhalors, my stress and severe pain from cracked ribs.It did come down to an acceptable level during the appointment so I didn't have to go to L&D and he is moving well. Today she told me it was critical I get my pain under control and put me on Vicodin and I am also using Lidoderm patch and basically imobilizing my right side. If the pain is still severe tonight I am going to be admitted to L&D for IV pain meds. I had a stressful conversation with HR about them expecting me back at work 8/24 which is insane since I'm not officially on leave yet (am using earned time) AND that is 7 weeks after my EDD -- and who knows when baby will turn up. 

The Vicodin has me feeling really foggy so I have been zoning in front of old Grey's episodes and bumping off an on. 

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Options
    KaitieTKaitieT member

imageMrsCaseyK:
    Lol! I'm doing well, and have a doctors appt today so I'm excited to see the little squirts! Rainy again here, roads are flooded, can't wait to go for my big drive today and check it all out! Hope you all have a wonderful day and, I think it's time for me to drink my morning water. :

Flooded here too and I get the same daily rides to check out the fields and water. Such crazy weather! Hope your Dr. appt goes well!  

• Options
    imagekmc217:

Guess I will be chiming in here for the short term future... 

After a very bad day yesterday, my PCP way upped my steroids and my coughing and breathing are somewhat improved today provided I am stationary and in the A/C. Saw the midwife today and baby boy is measuring a little small for the first time and I've lost 5lbs this week (no appetite at all since I've been sick) and his heart rate was initially really high (180s - baseline is 140s) which she thought was from a combination of  my massive doses of steroids and inhalors, my stress and severe pain from cracked ribs.It did come down to an acceptable level during the appointment so I didn't have to go to L&D and he is moving well. Today she told me it was critical I get my pain under control and put me on Vicodin and I am also using Lidoderm patch and basically imobilizing my right side. If the pain is still severe tonight I am going to be admitted to L&D for IV pain meds. I had a stressful conversation with HR about them expecting me back at work 8/24 which is insane since I'm not officially on leave yet (am using earned time) AND that is 7 weeks after my EDD -- and who knows when baby will turn up. 

The Vicodin has me feeling really foggy so I have been zoning in front of old Grey's episodes and bumping off an on. 

Sorry to hear your in pain that is the worst hope you feel better soon . Sorry to hear you have work stress that's not much fun.

Feel better soon and keep us posted

• Options
    imageKaitieT:

imageMrsCaseyK:
    Lol! I'm doing well, and have a doctors appt today so I'm excited to see the little squirts! Rainy again here, roads are flooded, can't wait to go for my big drive today and check it all out! Hope you all have a wonderful day and, I think it's time for me to drink my morning water. :

Flooded here too and I get the same daily rides to check out the fields and water. Such crazy weather! Hope your Dr. appt goes well!  

flooding is no fun hope the waters go down soon
  • Options
    imageHarleyP11:
    imageaiche Umm Ayoub:
    great to hear everyone is doing well.I have been reading a book called Down Came The Rain , by Brooke Shields I am about halfway through it , it is about her struggle with postpartum depression
    What do you think of the book? I'm thinking of reading Kate gosselins book. I have a whole new respect for her.....
    so far the book is honest and she doesn't sugar coat the topic or tie toe around her feelings which is good to know that other people have survived postpartum depression
  • Options
    Hi ladies and TGIF!  We had our MFM appointment today and the babies are still growing like crazy, so that is good news.  While everything at the appointment was fantastic news, I still cried afterwards.  I feel guilty for always saying it, but I just cannot wait for this pregnancy to be over.  It's not that I am uncomfortable, I am actually in pain all the time.  Whine, whine, whine...

Expecting twins! Put on strict bedrest at home after preterm labor at 22 weeks. Hospitalized at 22 weeks and again at 29 weeks. No more please!
  • Options

I spent yesterday in L&D.  :   I coughed and felt felt some fluid come out (maybe 1/2 to 1 oz) Went to bathroom and realized that I needed to change my shorts. When I went back into bathroom to change, had a little pink/red blood. Called nurse. Started having frequent contractions and feeling pressure. Dr came and tried to test if water broke but bc of blood was inconclusive. Down to L&D...  Dr checked  cvx and removed pessary. She said cvx felt same or a little more dilated. They started me on magnesium, antibiotics, etc. (I've already had steroids).  They did an u/s to check babies' size, position, and fluid. Fluid looked fine. Baby 1 now  breech which meant c section if I was in labor.  Contractions continued.  Meds made me feel hot, nauseous, and like I was going to pass out. Was not fun. Some time in the  late evening things started to calm down. I still have a lot of ctrx but I seem stable so I was brought  back up to nonlabor floor this afternoon. Now I have an IV and without pessary i I have pressure with every step. Am going to talk to Dr about  it tmrw but I think I already know the answer. :(  So I made I through yesterday and am v happy to be back on nonlabor floor, but it it is stressful bc I was literally doing nothing when it happened. So it could happen again at any time :(

Just trying to get to 32 weeks right now (10 days)

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• Options
    imageNantucketSunset:

I spent yesterday in L&D.  :   I coughed and felt felt some fluid come out (maybe 1/2 to 1 oz) Went to bathroom and realized that I needed to change my shorts. When I went back into bathroom to change, had a little pink/red blood. Called nurse. Started having frequent contractions and feeling pressure. Dr came and tried to test if water broke but bc of blood was inconclusive. Down to L&D...  Dr checked  cvx and removed pessary. She said cvx felt same or a little more dilated. They started me on magnesium, antibiotics, etc. (I've already had steroids).  They did an u/s to check babies' size, position, and fluid. Fluid looked fine. Baby 1 now  breech which meant c section if I was in labor.  Contractions continued.  Meds made me feel hot, nauseous, and like I was going to pass out. Was not fun. Some time in the  late evening things started to calm down. I still have a lot of ctrx but I seem stable so I was brought  back up to nonlabor floor this afternoon. Now I have an IV and without pessary i I have pressure with every step. Am going to talk to Dr about  it tmrw but I think I already know the answer. :(  So I made I through yesterday and am v happy to be back on nonlabor floor, but it it is stressful bc I was literally doing nothing when it happened. So it could happen again at any time :(

:( scary!  Glad you are back on the ante-partum floor again!  I wish we were in the same hospital - we could be BR buddies.  Hang in there! 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMyPlus5:
    Hi ladies and TGIF!  We had our MFM appointment today and the babies are still growing like crazy, so that is good news.  While everything at the appointment was fantastic news, I still cried afterwards.  I feel guilty for always saying it, but I just cannot wait for this pregnancy to be over.  It's not that I am uncomfortable, I am actually in pain all the time.  Whine, whine, whine...

feel free to whine all you want being in pain is no fun

• Options
    imageNantucketSunset:

sorry you are having contractions glad to know the doctors were able to stop them

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"