Skinny baby problems — The Bump
Cloth Diapering

Skinny baby problems

I tried the Alva color snap diapers, and they fit perfectly. Figured that meant my OS stash should fit, right? Right?

I put DD3 in a BG 4.0. Checked the legs, checked the waist. Everything appeared to fit. Put her in her carseat to take DD2 to preschool. Can you guess what happened? Huge poop explosion everywhere. A friend helped me wipe out the carseat so I could at least get us home.

Are these OS diapers ever going to fit?

DD3 is 9 lbs 13oz (10-25%) and 24" (90-95%) at 2 months. She keeps getting longer and skinnier. I still have to twist the tabs on my Alva NBs to get them to fit. At this rate I could use my Kawaii P&Ns until she potty trains!

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
Emmeline Grace 03.27.13

Re: Skinny baby problems

• My DS is exactly like your DD. Now, at a little over 3 months, he is about 12lbs and 26in long. The BG 4.0's fit, but I don't yet trust them for poop. So when I know he's got a poop coming, I only use Best Bottoms. They fit him perfectly because they are trim and also have a double leg gusset.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My DD is almost 10 weeks and probably close to 10.5 lbs now, but also long. Her legs have gotten a little bit of chub the last couple of weeks, so her BGs fit a bit better.

I ordered more Alva colored snaps for this reason, though. Do you have the aplix or snap NB alvas? The aplix we have to twist, but the snaps fit great since they have the hip snap, which I wish the BGs had! But she's outgrowing the absorbancy of even the NB blend inserts....

We are actually having a hard time getting the PnNs to fit still...her waist is too skinny! There needs to be more aplix on the tabs for her, lol.

I bought a few fitteds, prefolds, and covers, which I thought I never would. Problem solved for us....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• image JmeJme:
    My DD is almost 10 weeks and probably close to 10.5 lbs now, but also long. Her legs have gotten a little bit of chub the last couple of weeks, so her BGs fit a bit better. I ordered more Alva colored snaps for this reason, though. Do you have the aplix or snap NB alvas? The aplix we have to twist, but the snaps fit great since they have the hip snap, which I wish the BGs had! But she's outgrowing the absorbancy of even the NB blend inserts.... We are actually having a hard time getting the PnNs to fit still...her waist is too skinny! There needs to be more aplix on the tabs for her, lol. I bought a few fitteds, prefolds, and covers, which I thought I never would. Problem solved for us....

I have the aplix NBs. I have to twist the tabs, and then they start to look uncomfortable. Luckily the P&Ns fit perfectly.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • My LO was a chubby baby and still the OS diapers leaked every time.  I have had luck with fuzzibunz perfect size and gdiapers with cloth inserts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had the same issue, my 4 month old is now 12lbs tall and skinny with chicken legs and we had been using thirsties duo wraps with GMD prefolds until I just discovered rumparooz! It's a perfect fit and I honestly think it may have fit her when she was born! None of our other AIOs fit yet kawaii minky are the closest to working besides my beloved rumparooz.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards