December 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: How do you stave off a cold?

So I'm coming down with a cold.  This is the first cold I've had in YEARS.  Please don't laugh at me, but I need help remembering the best things I can do to stave off a cold, or at least manage it well.  I start a new job on Monday.  Help this mommy get better!  :-)  What are your favorite strategies?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: How do you stave off a cold?

• Options
    Zinc! Also a little extra vit D helps. I do 50 mg, or whatever the dose is, of zinc with each meal. Don't take it without food you'll regret it while you live in the bathroom. I swear by this. I do it for several days, then I stop and if I start to feel like its still there I continue for a few more days.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Garlic?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CellisCellis member
    I didn't think you could do anything about a virus. Just suffer through it. :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options

@Cellis, I'm just looking to manage the cold well!  I know I can't get rid of it.  :-)

Just picked up zinc!  Thanks for the tip!

Feeling better after some sleep, daytime decongestant, cough syrup, and nasal spray.  Holy chemicals, Batman! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CellisCellis member
    imageTheEditor:
    Cellis, I'm just looking to manage the cold well! nbsp;I know I can't get rid of it. nbsp;:Just picked up zinc! nbsp;Thanks for the tip!Feeling better after some sleep, daytime decongestant, cough syrup, and nasal spray. nbsp;Holy chemicals, Batman!nbsp;

Ahhh gotcha! I hope it goes away quickly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"