NBFR - My MIL sucks donkey balls — The Bump
Blended Families

NBFR - My MIL sucks donkey balls

Ok, I dont know if I posted just how obnoxious my MIL can be and just how passive aggressive she was when we visited in August.  

But a quick summary to help you understand yesterday's events.  DH was stationed in Germany.  He decided to retire while we were still there and wanted to have the ceremony there.  MIL threw a fukcing fit because she could not be there but would not fly over (ON OUR DIME) to see it.

We tried to organize a stateside retirement ceremony in three different locations (two being places she would not go to because she would nto fly or drive to) and one in her home town.  They just could not be done.

So color me PISSED OFF RED and my poor DH emotionally destroyed blue when we see FB posts about my MIL driving from Maine to Maryland to see my SIL's husband retire.  This is just 90 min from one of the places where DH and I had tried to have his retirement - a place she turned down. 

DH is crushed.  

And I now have "permission" (my own inner angel vs devil) to stop responding to her with polite replies.   I can be as firm and to the point and maybe just as bithcy as she throws out. I also can stop downplaying my parent/family's interactions with Monkey to keep her from making her P/A comments.  

But I don't know how to make this better for my husband.  I will not diss on his mother because, in the end he will forgive her (not forget) and I do not want my harsh words to be out there.  So all I got is hugging on him tightly.  

Wench 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: NBFR - My MIL sucks donkey balls

• That's awful. Is she just playing favorites or does she have some imagined grudge against YH?

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • es6es6 member
    10 Comments
    That is awful! 
  • IlumineIlumine member
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    image fellesferie:

That's awful. Is she just playing favorites or does she have some imagined grudge against YH?

Part of it is favoritismish.  SIL is moving back to Maine to be with "the family".  DH will never move back to Maine.  

The other part is she can totally rationalize going to BIL's retirement because she did not have to fly...even though she refused to drive to our VA house when DH turned 40, deployed or down to FL when DD was born, when we had her baptized and when we moved overseas.

But she sure enough could be perfectly ecstatic when WE drove to her house coming back from Europe and then back again 3 months later for Thanksgiving.

Bah.  

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • This calls for steak dinner and a BJ!

Have a good weekend honey!!!

• Lol I hit post and then realised what your title was!!!

Ok time to drag my mind out of the gutter!!!

• image Phantomgirl:
    Lol I hit post and then realised what your title was!!!

Ok time to drag my mind out of the gutter!!!

LMAO Phantom!

That sucks.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • I'm really sorry for you.  Your MIL totally sucks donkey balls!!
  • image Ilumine:

Ok, I dont know if I posted just how obnoxious my MIL can be and just how passive aggressive she was when we visited in August.  

But a quick summary to help you understand yesterday's events.  DH was stationed in Germany.  He decided to retire while we were still there and wanted to have the ceremony there.  MIL threw a fukcing fit because she could not be there but would not fly over (ON OUR DIME) to see it.

We tried to organize a stateside retirement ceremony in three different locations (two being places she would not go to because she would nto fly or drive to) and one in her home town.  They just could not be done.

So color me PISSED OFF RED and my poor DH emotionally destroyed blue when we see FB posts about my MIL driving from Maine to Maryland to see my SIL's husband retire.  This is just 90 min from one of the places where DH and I had tried to have his retirement - a place she turned down. 

DH is crushed.  

And I now have "permission" (my own inner angel vs devil) to stop responding to her with polite replies.   I can be as firm and to the point and maybe just as bithcy as she throws out. I also can stop downplaying my parent/family's interactions with Monkey to keep her from making her P/A comments.  

But I don't know how to make this better for my husband.  I will not diss on his mother because, in the end he will forgive her (not forget) and I do not want my harsh words to be out there.  So all I got is hugging on him tightly.  

Wench 

Seriously?! This is quite shocking coming from you, of all people. When DH's mom is being a wench, I tell him. DH has rose colored glasses on when it comes to his family. If MIL or SIL is being a b!tch, or if FIL is being a moron, I point it out. Then DH has a better realization about how BSC his sister is, or how self-absorbed his mother is, or whatever. And then next time someone needs put in their place, DH does it. Because, let's be honest, it's much better to have blood family put you in your place than an IL. If I told SIL she was being a b!tch, she would be p!ssed as h3ll and would remember it forever and hold a grudge. But if DH told her she was being a b!tch? Then SIL would be p!ssed but she would get over it.

MIL does hurtful things to your DH. If you want it to change, then DH needs to say something to her. 

• image Phantomgirl:
    This calls for steak dinner and a BJ! Have a good weekend honey!!!

This!! Sorry your MIL sucks. At least she isn't local and you don't have to 'deal' with this bullllshizzz on a regular basis. Can you imagine?? 

Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards