February 2013 Moms

***What went well this week?***

DS scooted forward yesterday during tummy time and is starting to "swim". I fear I may have an early crawler - I better get some running shoes! :P

I heard him wake a few times last night (I suspect teething discomfort) and I was going to go attend to him but something told me to wait a minute...glad I did because he self soothed.

The majority of sleep is happening in the crib now. He used to need bounces or rocks for naps so he slept in the RnP or bouncy seat but is now taking more crib naps. Though he definitely still conks out in the stroller or car seat!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

Re: ***What went well this week?***

• We started sleep training DS using Ferber method this week. He went down to sleep in less than 3 minutes by himself last night. He also fell asleep with no crying in his swing for a nap yesterday. As per usual, the first night is the hardest, we went up to 7 checks that night. But now he is doing great and learning how to go to sleep on his own. Woot Woot! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS had his four month shots yesterday and was barely fussy at all afterwards. He cried when he got the shots, but the rest of the day he was his normal self, and he even slept better last night than he has in weeks! He slept until almost two, got up at quater to six, then actually went back to bed until 7:15! He woke up happy as a clam. This was a change from his 2 month shots where he was pretty ornery for most the day. We were allowed to give him tylenol this time, so that might have helped. But it was nice not have to have to deal with 90 degree heat and a cranky baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • E is really starting to laugh and he actually did a three quarter belly to back roll yesterday. He got held up on his shoulder. The roll is exciting because he has shown no interest in rolling at all!

And i am getting a great morning nap today. Was up super late grading papers but e went down for his nap already and so an I!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• DD has laughed almost everyday this week. And she's getting much more vocal. Her personality is really starting to come out and it's hilarious! [I think she's going to be a drama queen with a temper!]
    She is also almost rolling from back to belly. She gets up on her side and almost all the way around, but gets stuck on her arm.
    DH and I went out to dinner for our anniversary last night while my parents watched DD. It was our first date night since she was born, and it was so awesome! We got to actually talk as adults again, about adult things, without tending to DD every 5 seconds and trying to keep her from crying, haha.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• After being a holy terror about sleep for the past week, DD napped in her crib for 45 minutes yesterday with no fighting and also no swaddle, AND after a week of no more than 3 hours of sleep at a time during the night, she slept6 straight hours with one arm out of the swaddler!! Hopefully this means we areon our way out of the sleep regression and also coming closer to not needing to swaddle, which is good because DD is getting VERY close to being able to roll back to tummy.

• We seem to be through this particular growth spurt, so that is good.  I like that B's growth spurts seem to be short most of the time.

I finally got a photo of B and I that I actually liked!  LOL.

We had another 14 hour STTN on Wednesday...that was pretty awesome.

And B rolled over from tummy to back again, which is great since he seems to have more interest in sucking on his hand than doing any rolling lately.

• First full week of sleeping in his own room at night was a success! I'm so proud of him!!
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • emd886emd886 member
    He is fully rolling both ways!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"