November 2013 Moms

Hope it's not a girl...

...or she will be nameless. (Totally kidding, btw, I will be thrilled with a girl OR a boy!)  We are 100% stuck between two names. We like them both the same, don't know how to choose! Opinions are very much welcome! 

Kamryn Kate/Kamryn Kay

Abigail (Abby) Ann-Marie

Re: Hope it's not a girl...

• Ugh...LOVE them both! Sorry I'm no help, just think they are both pretty and like the spelling for kamryn! But Abigail is so classic too! What are your boy names?
    Just thought...hope your last name doesn't start with "k" though?! Kkk is no good!!
  • LuCloLuClo member

Wait until she's born and see whether she looks like a Kamryn or an Abigail.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMomtothreelove:
    Ugh...LOVE them both! Sorry I'm no help, just think they are both pretty and like the spelling for kamryn! But Abigail is so classic too! What are your boy names?

Thanks! Our boy's name is Bentley Braxton (SD chose the middle name, I got so fed up trying to find a B name that fit I just let her do it haha) 

• imageMomtothreelove:
    just thought...hope your last name doesn't start with "k" though?! Kkk is no good!!

Bahahaha! We're good, last name starts with an S! 

• Lol just checking the kkk thing bc I work with a woman who hyphenated her last name and now she's kkk and it's no good! I'm always confused as to why she'd initial that?! Also my youngest brother's initials are PMS and my mom claims no one pointed it out! We always pick on him and he's 25 now! Lol
  • Just keep in mind Abby has been in the top ten for like the last ten years. Kameryn will definitely be more unique, but harder to find a tiny license plate for her bike!

• imageWoodsie:
    Abigail, hands down.

Kamryn is misspelled, and I despise boy names on girls. Sorry.

Agree. It looks like you just threw letters together to make it different. Not a fan.
  • ktedmonktedmon member
    One of my nieces was nameless for as couple of days. They had the middle name picked out since it was a family name, but the first name was a little trickier.
  • imagemegframe16:
    imageWoodsie:
    Abigail, hands down. Kamryn is misspelled, and I despise boy names on girls. Sorry.
    Agree. It looks like you just threw letters together to make it different. Not a fan.

I've always liked the sound of the name, but we have a boy in the family named Cameron, and a girl named Camryn. So when we saw Kamryn on a few different websites, we  liked it. Different spellings don't bother me - my parents did it to me. Thanks for the opinion, I love hearing what other people think.

• LOVE Kamryn!  I'm a fan of masqueline names for girls though.  I don't love Kate with it though. 

Me 39, DH 40. Married on 9/18/2010 and have been TTC since. IVF # 1-7/13/2012, 15 retreived, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 4 frozen. BFP Natural MC 9/10 IVF#2, FET - 12/3/201 2 - 3 transferred, BFP! Natural MC 12/25/2012 IFV #3, 2/27/2013 - 3 transferred, BFP! TWINS!!! Loss of one twin 3/20/13.One sticky hanging on!Pregnancy%20ticker
    imageimage

• imageWoodsie:
    Abigail, hands down. Kamryn is misspelled, and I despise boy names on girls. Sorry.

This.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageCoachMama 83:

imagemegframe16:
    imageWoodsie:

I've always liked the sound of the name, but we have a boy in the family named Cameron, and a girl named Camryn. So when we saw Kamryn on a few different websites, we  liked it. Different spellings don't bother me - my parents did it to me. Thanks for the opinion, I love hearing what other people think.

If there is already a Cameron AND a Camryn in the family, then personally I would not use Kamryn.  It makes it look unoriginal. 

Then again, I love classical names and would pick Abigail over Kamryn hands down!  I love Abigail (Abby) :-D.

Or like PPs said, wait until you meet her, it's OK to name your baby after it's born - heck, I had a friend who's son didn't have a name for almost a week! :)

• SV917SV917 member
    So Kamryn is Cameron misspelled? That is just ridiculous. I am so ready for this misspelled name trend to be over.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • vanie79vanie79 member
    I love the name Bentley for a boy, but my husband does not like it at all :
  • imagerbtrumpet:
    imageCoachMama 83:

imagemegframe16:
    imageWoodsie:

If there is already a Cameron AND a Camryn in the family, then personally I would not use Kamryn.  It makes it look unoriginal

Both kids are quite distant down the line on 2 sides of the family. Like we only see pictures on Facebook, that kind of "family." In a huge family, there are always bound to be repeats; I would never use the name of someone we see frequently (or at all in the case of Cameron/Camryn).

• imageWoodsie:
    Spelling it Kamryn doesn't make it different, it just makes it misspelled and makes you look uneducated.

That's fine. I personally liked it when I saw it on multiple sites. To each his/her own. But I posted to get honest opinions, so thanks. I definitely don't want to subject my child to a name that's going to make people think I'm illiterate for the sake of "cute" or "different."

• Love love love Kamryn Kate! So pretty!
    I love Kate as a middle name for a girl but it was DH ex so I can't go there for my baby if its a girl.
  • Just read through the thread. I don't think Kamryn is Masculine at all! Not even a little bit. I went to high school with a girl named Kamryn and she is gorgeous! She does modeling now.. Maybe that's why that name is all girl to me.
  • imageBennji114:
    Just read through the thread. I don't think Kamryn is Masculine at all! Not even a little bit. I went to high school with a girl named Kamryn and she is gorgeous! She does modeling now.. Maybe that's why that name is all girl to me.

I think, for me personally, a lot of my opinions on names stem from personal experience with someone who has them. If I know a skank named Heather, I associate it from then on. Judgey? Yeah.  But it is what it is. I like Kamryn, but if most people think it's a made up spelling (even if I didn't make it up), I would possibly reconsider.  

• Kamryn!! My nieces name is kamryn.. Kamryn Kate to be exact and it is so so cute! Abby is overused, original names all the way!
  • I like Abigail best. I do know two little girls named Abigail, but it is your baby and you have plenty of time to figure out her name.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • imageWoodsie:
    imageCoachMama 83:

imageWoodsie:
    Spelling it Kamryn doesn't make it different, it just makes it misspelled and makes you look uneducated.

That's fine. I personally liked it when I saw it on multiple sites. To each his/her own. But I posted to get honest opinions, so thanks. I definitely don't want to subject my child to a name that's going to make people think I'm illiterate for the sake of "cute" or "different."

I'm glad you appreciate my honesty. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I like honest opinions, too, so I try to give them when I can.

Absolutely! I'm not a butthurt newb, no worries. The way I see it, if I'm asking people's opinions on a public message board, I need to be prepared for a variety of responses. And I want the honest ones, because that's what I'd give too.  

• imagemegframe16:
    imageWoodsie:

I vote Abigail!

Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"