September 2012 Moms

Blocking People

Have you ever blocked someone on TB, IG, FB, etc? If so, why? I'm just curious. I've figured out that a few people blocked me on IG and I still wonder why. I'm not looking for you to tell me why someone would block me haha, just why you've done it before. Also, do you have different standards for blocking people when using different forms of social media?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Blocking People

• If you're an arsehole - I will block you.  :)  I'm 100% positive I've blocked people...but you're not one of them Toni, obv, lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also have never blocked anybody. It takes a heck if a lot to piss me off or truly offend me. I will take people out of my newsfeed on Facebook. On tb, if you blocked somebody wouldn't you miss out on conversations had by all?
                  image     image
  • Loading the player...
  • How can you tell you've been blocked?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageharti09:

I did go through a phase during our infertility saga where I blocked everyone with a child on FB. I was a closet bitter barren women. Once I actually became pregnant, everyone was unblocked. Immature, but it helped me cope at the time.  

I sort of did this, too.  I hid everyone on FB who was pregnant and everyone with newborns.  My heart just couldn't handle all of the pregnancy stories and squishy baby pictures. They've all since been added back to my newsfeed. 

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • I have removed people from my newsfeed because they are annoying me.  It is usually because they are posting closed-minded or over the top political things constantly.  I think I have only had to block a few people.  I blocked one girl because everything she posted was whoa is me negative stuff and it just got old. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have blocked people on Facebook. There's an ex who is being creepy and he got blocked along with equally creepy friends of his.
    I regularly remove people from my newsfeed if they post nonsense and religious or political tirades. I also go through my friends list fairly regularly and remove and unfriend people who I don't ever talk to anymore.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've defriended people on FB for being total Dbags but I have no clue how to block people on TB or IG. so, if you ever see that I blocked you...let me know because it's clearly an accident. Lol.
  • I clean out my friends list on the regular on FB, I think I only blocked 1 person and it was because they repeatedly added me as a friend after I repeatedly denied it. I don't have anyone blocked on IG I only have 1 person blocked on TB

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • imageHolly_1007:
    I clean out my friends list on the regular on FB, I think I only blocked 1 person and it was because they repeatedly added me as a friend after I repeatedly denied it. I don't have anyone blocked on IG I only have 1 person blocked on TB

This is usually why I block people on social media. Ready for this - my SILs ex-step-daughter keeps friending me. I kept her in purgatory for a while after the 3rd time she requested me, then I finally just blocked her. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • I've hid from my newsfeed but never blocked.

I did accidentally block someone on IG. I still feel bad about it. Don't know what I accidentally clicked.

• BPerBPer member
    I've blocked estranged family members in FB, but unless it's extreme circumstances, I just hide them from my newsfeed, or unfriend. I have no idea how to block people on IG, and whothehell would block Toni?

• I've never totally blocked someone, but have "hidden" many an annoying family member or random post-happy HS acquaintance on FB.

Same goes for too many political or just plain stupid opinions. Haha. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• PokedotPokedot member

I've blocked a few people on FB for a few different reasons. Mainly I don't talk to them anymore or I can't stand their status updates. Especially the ones that are the same every day or they use FB like twitter and basically let me know when they are taking a sh!t. No thanks.

I recently blocked my former BFF. I kept her on even after we "ended" our friendship thinking we could at least be civil but after seeing her other Mother's Day weekend and her completely ignoring me I blocked her. That'll show her! lol!

• I have blocked a few people on FB (too much drama or crazy political rantings) but never on the TB. And Toni why would anyone block you? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • cmumamacmumama member
    I don't think I've ever blocked anyone, but I have hid people on facebook.  For some reason I'm too chicken sh!t to actually block someone.  I haven't felt the need to block anyone on TB or IG.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've only deleted two people from FB, one was a cousin who I don't get along with and the other an elementary school friend who is super narrowminded and ticked me off one day with her rants about illegal aliens. I just joined IG and don't know a thing about it, plusalso, I don't have anyone I'm following. I don't know how to block on TB and if a post annoys me, I just scroll past it.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• I've blocked ONE person on FB before and that was just last week.  It was my ex boyfriend who was continuously sending me friend requests that I kept denying.  Considering that he stalked me all through college, um, I don't really want him knowing where I work, what my kids look like, etc. He literally scares the SHIIT out of me and he's the type of person that would come and shoot up a place, I wish I was kidding. If he contacts me again, I'm going to the police.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• imageEastie156:
    I've only deleted two people from FB, one was a cousin who I don't get along with and the other an elementary school friend who is super narrowminded and ticked me off one day with her rants about illegal aliens. I just joined IG and don't know a thing about it, plusalso, I don't have anyone I'm following. I don't know how to block on TB and if a post annoys me, I just scroll past it.

You're on IG. I need to see E on the regular! PM me your name (if I make the cut that is because apparently I don't for some people!) Wink

• imagethe mathlete:
    imagemnkate:

I have noticed that I've been "defriended" on IG. Meh. Probably because they're tired of seeing my handsome hunk of hubby and deliciously cute baby (I'm not biased, obvi). 

But I am absolutely confused as to why anyone would block you, Toni. You're the bees knees and the sweetest person ever. Andplusalso, Mr. C photos!

Re: the defriending/blocking on IG... Kristy& (see I didn't use her real name!) said that the only way to keep your account but clear out your followers is to block people. So I think some people just had a change of heart once TB blew up their IG feed. And I'm with you -- I don't know why anyone would actually block tonir (again, no real names being used! I am on a roll) because it's not possible that someone doesn't like her (or my FMBIL).

Yeah it wasn't Kristy. I know she blocked everyone so I didn't take that personally haha (even though I really shouldn't take any of them personally right?). One I mentioned a while ago in a FFFC or UO. The other one I realized more recently when a bumpie mentioned "oh so and so is posting on IG again." I was like hmm I hadn't seen any pictures. Then last night I noticed she had liked a picture and I clicked on her name and it had the Follow button on green. I clicked it to request to follow her again and it went gray a few seconds then popped back up green! Hence I know she blocked me. Also if someone blocks you when you click on their name it says they have no photos (which if you were following them before you know that isn't true).

• hmp1hmp1 member

I have never blocked anyone. There are people on FB that I scroll past but I haven't blocked them. I keep my FB friends to a minimum though. I am not friends with random people from my past.

Oh, I guess I have blocked people on IG. My IG is open but if I get a teenager that I don't know following me, I block them. Same with anyone that is selling stuff that I haven't bought from/plan to buy from.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• HyalineHyaline member

I block people from my newsfeed on FB sometimes, usually because they're incessant political posters.  On either side.  I use FB to keep up with friends, not to hear your endless "Democrats are idiots" rants or see every "I'm glad I woke up today and Obama is president" meme reposts.  If I wanted to read that shiz I'd read the comments on CNN.

I usually check back in a few months on their timeline and see if they've knocked it off--if so, I unblock. 

• I blocked my MIL on FB because everything I posted she took as a personal attack. I put a picture of a cake I made for a friend's birthday and she responded with "rub it in my face that I don't get to have cake." Then she'd call DH and tell him I was taunting her on FB.
    I know I've been blocked on IG by some people. I'll admit I'm overly sensitive and thought I offended them somehow.
  • imageanitalynn:

imagethe mathlete:

imagetonir319:
    The other one I realized more recently when a bumpie mentioned "oh so and so is posting on IG again." I was like hmm I hadn't seen any pictures. Then last night I noticed she had liked a picture and I clicked on her name and it had the Follow button on green. I clicked it to request to follow her again and it went gray a few seconds then popped back up green! Hence I know she blocked me. Also if someone blocks you when you click on their name it says they have no photos (which if you were following them before you know that isn't true).

Yeah, I looked her up and found her too. I didn't rerequest her though. I wonder why she has disappeared from the board and got rid of all of us on IG? I mean I get wanting privacy but meh. Just seems strange after going through our pregnancies and first few months together.

I think I know who you are talking about, and if I am correct on the person, she didn't block all of us. Just most of us? I see interactions/convos on occasion between her and one other person.

Both people that blocked me blocked a lot of us I think, but not everyone, so I found out by seeing them comment or like a mutual person's photos. Also (to add to the clues because I want LLHR to sweat it out) one of them I've actually MET IRL. I think that's why it bothers me. Sorta like WTF did I do to you kinda thing?

• imageLoisLayn23:
    So, Tags is one, yes? Who's the other?

Is the other one brevebelle or something I think she blocked everyone except mlf and blindvictory.
  • I've never blocked anyone anywhere.  I'm a lot of help :)

I did block newsfeed stuff on FB for some people for whatever reason.  But now I've abandoned FB altogether because I'm friends with everyone and their dog.  A switch flipped when I became pregnant and I all of a sudden want extreme privacy.  I should probably see a shrink.

But re: what ^someone^ said about the only way to clear people out is to delete... I bet they decided they didn't want to go the bumpies route on IG.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • My ILs for the fact that they are drama creators, in a way that ends up hurting us and our children.

Ex boyfriends, for the awkward reasons.

• imagemrs.jenni:
    I've blocked ONE person on FB before and that was just last week.  It was my ex boyfriend who was continuously sending me friend requests that I kept denying.  Considering that he stalked me all through college, um, I don't really want him knowing where I work, what my kids look like, etc. He literally scares the SHIIT out of me and he's the type of person that would come and shoot up a place, I wish I was kidding. If he contacts me again, I'm going to the police.

Yikes. Super creepy.

• imagetonir319:

imageEastie156:
    I've only deleted two people from FB, one was a cousin who I don't get along with and the other an elementary school friend who is super narrowminded and ticked me off one day with her rants about illegal aliens. I just joined IG and don't know a thing about it, plusalso, I don't have anyone I'm following. I don't know how to block on TB and if a post annoys me, I just scroll past it.

You're on IG. I need to see E on the regular! PM me your name (if I make the cut that is because apparently I don't for some people!) Wink

I just joined, for some reason I couldn't download the app on my old iphone and since I just got a new phone (accidentally broke my other phone two weeks ago) I've got all sorts of fancy new Iphone apps on it! I'll pm it to you!

• I've only blocked people on IG that followed me before I made my account private, and I don't really want seeing all sorts of pics of S. (really that just applies to randoms).

On FB, I usually just hide from newsfeed or unfriend (depending if they are an actual friend but annoying, or not a friend and annoying).  

• imageihearttroy1:
    imageLoisLayn23:
    So, Tags is one, yes? Who's the other?
    Is the other one brevebelle or something I think she blocked everyone except mlf and blindvictory.

Yep. Those were the two.

• I blocked a member of my husband's extended family on Facebook because they would "share" my photos of my kid. I have never met these people and my husband has only met them once. I am uncomfortable with them "sharing" photos to their 500 friends. I think my husband said the friends wouldn't be able to share the photos but it was still weird.
    Pregnancy Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tonir - I was friends with them but just checked and they're gone.  Must have been a big wipeout of TB people?  Also someone removed me but is still following me.  Goodbye.  Now they don't get to see my super amazing exciting interesting life.  I showed them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • imageEastie156:

My IG is my TB name, I'm private, but want to see more E! :)

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"