October 2012 Moms
Options

This is Getting Old Fast

I have had new neighbors for a little over a month now. We live in a duplex and they have the downstairs and we have the upstairs. She is a the daughter of the man who owns the company that owns the building. He is her boyfriend.

I have complained before about banging, but there is also the at least weekly fights at 9pm or later. I'm talking yelling and swearing fights. I am waiting to hear slamming, breaking objects, or crying. When I do I am calling the cops. Until them I am keeping out of it. But it is getting old fast.

Hubby and I are thinking that maybe we should remind them that the floor are not insulated and we can hear a lot. What do you think? Good or bad idea?

Re: This is Getting Old Fast

• Options
    Bummer! IMHO I would stay far, far way from this situ and not say anything. GL!!!
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to say that AS WE SPEAK, I am gritting my teeth as the two toddlers upstairs run around, scream, and jump around.  I can hear them crying, I can hear them dropping their toys on the linoleum, I can hear their loud children's shows. 

So, I totally feel you.  And I want to rip my hair out.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Call the cops
    You don't have to identify yourself

• Options
    I would not get involved with a couple yelling at each other like that. Chances are they won't think twice about yelling at you even if you go over and talk nice. Call the police if you need to. If its pass curfew it's breaking a noise ordinance.
  • Options
    If you are friendly with them, I might mention it to them in passing. Otherwise, I would just call the cops when it gets out of control.
    =BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageSarahW44:

I have had new neighbors for a little over a month now. We live in a duplex and they have the downstairs and we have the upstairs. She is a the daughter of the man who owns the company that owns the building. He is her boyfriend.

I have complained before about banging, but there is also the at least weekly fights at 9pm or later. I'm talking yelling and swearing fights. I am waiting to hear slamming, breaking objects, or crying. When I do I am calling the cops. Until them I am keeping out of it. But it is getting old fast.

Hubby and I are thinking that maybe we should remind them that the floor are not insulated and we can hear a lot. What do you think? Good or bad idea?

I would just call the cops if need be.  No need to dive into the situation.

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"