Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

And y'all say it's rubbish

I fed DS some oatmeal for the first time this evening and he's never slept so well in the evening. I think solids will help my boy sleep better, just like they did with DD.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: And y'all say it's rubbish

• Options

Yay for sleep!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJandACoffee:
    I think for babies that are waking up because they are genuinely hungry, feeding them solids would definitely help. I mean from what I've heard formula fed babies usually sleep better on average than EBF babies which probably has to do with how fast they digest food and stay full, so it makes since that solids would help with that. But, I don't think it always helps. DD wakes up the first time definitely hungry so it might help with that one, but the other times she wakes up she refuses to eat anyway so I'm thinking it probably wouldn't with those. She's just not a good sleeper in general. We're still waiting till 6 months just cause I think its better for her in our situation and she is gaining weight just fine on BM alone, but I don't doubt that its helping your DS and helped your DD. Definitely yay to sleep as PP said! I'm glad you found something that helped.

I relate to this. I think the idea of solids not being used to help sleep better at night for your LO is when you are putting cereal in their bottle, or are wanting to start earlier to possibly help with sleep. I definitely think the fuller they are, the better they sleep. But it just needs to be done at the appropriate time, not just to get yourself some extra z's. Glad your LO is sleeping though!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    Yeah, That's why I'm not so into cereal. You should try something else and skip the cereal. I started with banana and avocado. You should try some different fruits and vegetables, find them here: https://goodmomming.com there're specific for age. I use it to get inspired with new foods for my LO.

• Options
    That's awesome for you, but it doesn't help most babies. Especially when put into a bottle at too young of an age. DS started on solids around 4 months, and didn't start to improve his sleep until 6 months.
  • Options
    mz07mz07 member
    I think some of the backlash on filling babies up with cereal so they sleep better is that cereal, and even foods with more nutrients, is still not a nutrient dense as breast milk and formula. So the idea is not to fill babies up with cereal so much that they can't drink their milk, but if a little cereal at bed time, when they've had their 24 oz of milk a day, helps your baby sleep, more power to you!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"