Breastfeeding

Would this be rude? Pumping question

So I'm flying halfway across the country tomorrow for an interview and will need to pump. I have no problem nursing LO on a flight, but he won't be with me and I just can't bring myself to pump in public. Would it be rude on a 2 hour flight to take up the restroom for 15 mins while I pump?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Would this be rude? Pumping question

• I would say no as long as there are other bathrooms and you're not taking up the only one on the plane
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Do you need to pump during the flight?  I'm really open about NIP but even I wouldn't be comfortable pumping on a flight (in my seat).  I don't think the bathrooms would really be an option for me either, they are really small and don't seem all that clean.

Can you pump just before or after you land instead?  You could see if the airport has a room for nursing or pumping moms.  If nothing else, a handicapped bathroom stall in the airport would be bigger than the airplane bathroom.

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

• Loading the player...
  • There are always people waiting to use the bathroom when I fly. I would be piissed if someone was using it for 15 minutes.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• eav2ceav2c member
    Yes, rude. Why can't you pump before or after the flight? Or both?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sosophsosoph member
    call the airports you'll be in. They may have a lounge they can give you access to. If not, use the family restrooms.
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member
    I'd be pissed if I were one of the other passengers. I'd either pump right before and after the flight, pump in my seat with a cover, or ask the flight attendants if you can sit in their seat for slightly more privacy.
  • Yes, it would be rude. There are very limited restrooms for a large number of people. And airplane bathrooms are a special kind of filthy. If it's only a two hour flight couldn't you just wait?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Make sure there is an outlet. I once got stuck on a plane on the ground and was pretty well at the point where if we didn't take off within a half hour, I would need to pump in the plane. I talked to the attendant and the only outlet was in the galley. She was going to let me sit there but thankfully we were cleared for takeoff shortly after I asked.
  • Questions of rudeness aside ... I have had to pump in a train bathroom before (which isn't that different of a situation) and trust me, you do NOT want to do it if you don't absolutely have to! One of the most unpleasant experiences ever. I'd follow other people's recommendations about pumping before getting on the plane.  

Pregnancy Ticker

image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"