2nd Trimester

varicose veins down..ahem..

Anyone have/had these? I didn't have them with my first preg, but now at 25 wks, its getting verrrry swollen down there. Doc says its normal, but any advice to help them either subside or not get too bad?

Re: varicose veins down..ahem..

• atcwagatcwag member

I have hemorrohoids which are just varicose veins in the rectum......

Basically, avoiding sitting for long periods of time, sleeping on your left side to increase blood flow and also kegels.  Cold compresses (or alternating warm/cold) can help too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ah. Here comes the blue taco. Get ready. It sucks! I had them with my first. Super swollen labia. And yes, they really do then blue. But don't worry. They went away pretty much as soon as I gave birth.

I feel like they may be coming back again. I've been a bit swollen and tender. I'm scared. It was not fun last time.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekimbo1216:
    Ah. Here comes the blue taco. Get ready. It sucks! I had them with my first. Super swollen labia. And yes, they really do then blue. But don't worry. They went away pretty much as soon as I gave birth. I feel like they may be coming back again. I've been a bit swollen and tender. I'm scared. It was not fun last time.

baahahaha! Blue taco.. that is great! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"