Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

BFing Friendly Pediatrician

Hey y'all,

I'm a first time mom and my son is 2 months old :)

If anyone has a recommendation of a breast feeding friendly pediatrician in the Fort Worth or Midcities area, I would greatly appreciate it.  The pediatrician I go to now is nice, but she's suggested formula usage to me one too many times.  I'd like to go to someone who I know is going to support breast feeding and is knowledgable about it as well.

Thanks is advance!!

Re: BFing Friendly Pediatrician

• I wish I knew someone in your area. We see Dr. Adams at MCNT in Denton and she's great and is pro-whatever works for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Playhouse pediatrics is very BFing friendly, they joke that I should continue until my girls are 22 I stop at a year though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you looked into using your pediatrician and then just consulting a lactation consultant? What area do you live in?
  • I just re-read and saw the Ft Worth/Midcities. Sorry.

They have free breast feeding drop-in groups at the Isis parenting inside the Babies R Us off Hulen St in Fort Worth. I'm not sure when they are, possibly Wednesdays? It's with a certified lactation person.They can offer advice and support for you and I'm sure they would be able to reccommend a pediatrician.

• Is Irving too far? I love our pedi- Joan Kay. We had some trouble with bf-ing in the first month & she was very compassionate & didn't push formula even after my baby hadn't gained enough weight @ 2wks. 

She's right off 183 by Baylor Irving. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"