November 2012 Moms

Clothing sizes?

What size clothes are your kiddos wearing right now?

L's still in 6 month, and I think she will be for a while since she's been outgrowing things by length rather than width and most of her "warmweather" stuff is impossible to outgrow by length. We don't have very much 9 month stuff anyway, so I'm tempted to see if we can skip that size all together... If not, I need to do some serious garage sale scouting.
kids with flags

Re: Clothing sizes?

• H is is in some 9 month but mostly 12 month. He hates anything tight on his belly so we had to go up for the width.

He is 19 lbs and 28 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS is still mostly wearing 3-6 month clothing.  He fits into some 6-9 month clothes that run on the smaller side.

imageimageimage

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • N is wearing 9 and 12 months.
    He is about 14 lbs and 27 inches. He's too long for any 6 month stuff we had. Although it's tough to find pants small enough for the tiny belly.
  • LO is in 9-12 month clothing.  He was almost 20lbs at his six month check in a month ago. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MaebbMaebb member
    DS is in 9 to 12 month clothing. Luckily, my aunt loves to buy clothes for him, so that helps. Most of what she gets is from consignment stores, but it's all really great quality stuff, so maybe you could look there!
  • It really depends on the brand. If we are talking Carter's, 9 months fits him best now. He still wears some of his 6 month stuff, and has started getting some 12 month and they fit, but are just a tad big.

If you are talking about things like Old Navy or Gap, he fits in the 6-12 month size. I got him one 12-18 month outfit, but it is still too big for now.

• Side note: has anyone else found Carter's sizes to be completely inconsistent? Not even in their different "lines" like Target vs dep't stores... Sometimes two onesies in the same "size" will be dramatically different widths, etc.
    kids with flags
  • 9 or 12 mos for onesies and shirts. 12-18 months for pants. He has some seriously chunky thighs!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Cj still has growing room in most 6 month stuff. He even has some 36 month he still wears. I have put him in some 9 month sleepers because we did t have a ton if 6 month and he swims in them. He is 26 inches and 15 lbs and 6.5 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebeane4018:

imagebrenlo42:
    Side note: has anyone else found Carter's sizes to be completely inconsistent? Not even in their different "lines" like Target vs dep't stores... Sometimes two onesies in the same "size" will be dramatically different widths, etc.

Yep, I have noticed this too. 

I've noticed, and I like it. The length is consistent. I hate buying onesies that are so massively big around that my kid looks scrawny. The narrow fit outfits are awesome for thin guys (and girls). 

I wish they had been around when DD was a baby. I had to make her clothes because everything was so big around the belly. It all looked awful.  

• We are in 12 month sizes (29" long and 19.2 lbs at the 6 month appointment two weeks ago). I'm skipping the 9 month all together since they seem hard to find around here and I'd rather have something that works for longer than a month or two at the rate Z is growing. He's pretty much been growing an inch a month and sometimes over an inch. I read it should slow down. They fit everywhere but are a little long in the torso but nothing too bad.

I'm starting to just get shirts instead of the onsies though as he can wear them longer. I'm no longer doing the footed jammies either, just long sleeve shirts and pants. Its summer time here already and it's the only time he'll make use of them :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD does anything from 0-3 to 9 month. Although Carter's 3 months are all small. But other brands like Old Navy or Children's Place or Blue Nile fit.

At her 6 month appointment recently she was 45% for weight and 75% for height, it baffles me that there are still 0-3 that fit her.

I keep finding clothes in 3 and 6 months that I forgot to put in her dresser. But it seems like a waste now.

• 9 month onesies, 12 month shirts, 12 or 18 month shorts, and size 3 shoes. DS has a cousin born 2 weeks before him and she wears 3T! He also has a cousin born 2 weeks after him, and she wears 3 to 6 month clothes. The difference between the three is pretty funny.

ETA: He only wears 12 or 18 month shorts and shirts pajamas now. It's too hot for the sleepers, and they fit him funny anyways. He wears basketball shorts and tshirts 90 percent of the time.
  • 3T, good god! L has a cousin born a week after her who was in 9 mo while we were just putting away the newborn... I wish we could take a pic of them next to each other, but they live out of state.
    kids with flags
  • jg1011jg1011 member
    Ahhhh.... You all are making me feel better. V is pretty much in some 9 month but mostly 12 month things. Carter's 9 months run small on him. Gymboree 1218 fits ok but I'm not sure if we'll make it through the summer around his belly! Most if the 9 month things are too short!

At his 7 month pedi appt last week V was 20 pounds and almost 29 inches long so this all makes sense. Just felt strange putting my 7 month old in 1218 month clothes!

I've now exchanged swimsuits 3 times.... Trying to anticipate his size just didn't work!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Generally 6-9 month.  9 month for pants and long sleeves, but 6 month rompers/dresses still fit.

• Mostly 9 months.  He was 20 lbs. 10 oz. at his 6 month (which was really more like 6.5 month).  He's starting to outgrow the footed sleepers lengthwise.  Some 12 month outfits fit, some look too big.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Siddo kiddo wears 6 month right now, soon going to be in 9 months, everything is starting to get a lil snug.
  • GargitaGargita member
    H is still in 6 month stuff, but it's starting to be too short. He was 18 lb 26 inches at appt last week.

image   My chart 

• 6 month clothes fit the best, but she does have a few 9 month summer clothes that are big, but they still work.  She always grows out the length before the width, so I'm sure later in the summer she'll get more use out of the bigger stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"