July 2012 Moms
Options

What are the best and worst baby items you've bought?

The high chair post below got me thinking about this.

What are the best baby related items you have?

And what were a big waste of money?

Re: What are the best and worst baby items you've bought?

• Options

Biggest waste of money= Changing table

Best thing i've bought= Sound machine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

Biggest waste = Bumbo, door jumper thing, bouncer, moby

Best idea ever= The swing (still napping in it) and the Uppababy Vista. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Best: bouncer, Soothie pacifier(only thing that got us through the first 3 months!), walker!

Worst: Sleep sacks, swaddle-me's, swings, breast pump, wipe warmer

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Biggest Waste= Walker. There really isnt enough walking room in this house. And the Moby wrap, it ended up being too hot and too complicated to put on. 

Best = Ergo!! It sucks it took me so long to discover it. And the Snuza. Best money I ever spent for piece of mind. Oh and also the baby camera, also best money spent for piece of mind. I guess its a 3 way tie. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options

Best: Sleepsacks, Boppy Pillow.

Worst: The bouncer, she never really liked it, and the bassinett, she didn't really like that either.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Options
    lewispmlewispm member

The best things are the sound machine and the Ergo

The worst is the Pack n Play

• Options
    Best: boppy, security camera this kid is so entertaining, sound machine, the swing was great for a while.
    Worst: my breast friend luckily its was on loan, bumbo, bouncy seat didn't see as much action as I was hoping, floor mat/gym, cheap nursing bras
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Best: Noise Machine and Sleep Sack

Worst: Moby 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Best: whoever invented the RnP is an absolute genus!

Worst: Boppy, excersaucer, and bouncy seat.

• Options

Best: rock n play

Waste: pack n play and swaddle me's

• Options

Best: RnP, Pack n Play (used daily at daycare), sound machine

Worst: Bumbo, Beco Gemini carrier (used it once. it was great, but we have no real need for it), and the Snap n Go stroller.

Eats childproof locks for breakfast...image

• Options

Best: sound machine, boppy pillow, push walker

Worst: travel swing, moby 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

For me the crib was actually a waste of money. She slept in the pack and play for about 5 months and then started sleeping in our bed. She has napped in the crib a handful of times only.  It is a convertible crib, so maybe we'll get some use out of it one day.

Other items...the swing and jumperoo are nice but I should have bought them used as she used each for only a few months.

Best purchases: ergo, jogging stroller, high chair and the convertible car seat.  Better to spend more money on items that you'll be able to use for a year or two (or longer).

• Options
    zyaszyas member
    Best: RnP, video monitor, sound machine, snap n go, wubbanub, clip on high chair, jogging stroller

Worst: bumbo, jumparoo, boppy
  • Options
    Best: magic sleep suit, foscam video monitor, RNP, changing table and the babies r us Diaper pail image I love it.

Worst: bouncy seat we never used it, and my breast friend huge waste of money.
                                                                Zayne born July 2012

Pregnancy Ticker      

• Options

best:  white noise machine, My Pal Scout , Mamaroo swing, rock n' plays, Zany Zoo activity cube, Swaddle Mes (my kids love to be swaddled until 6 months).  Magic Merlin sleepsuit!!!!!!!!!!!!

worst:  bumbo, Ergo (didn't really use it), $50 bottle warmer

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• Options
    Best: swing, rnp, boppy
    Worst: snuza I jumped on the panic bandwagon when that one bumpie lost her 9 mo old and we only used it for like a month and pnp. My answer might change on the pnp if she will learn to play in it instead of scream.
  • Options

Best:I have several! RnP, magic sleepsuit, wubbanub, jumperoos, video monitor, snuza, walkers, baby jogger city mini double stroller

Worst: baby carriers - k'tan and ergo (we don't have much use for them and babies never seemed to like them),  baby bullet (I ended up doing BLW),  small portable swing (should have gotten a full size one), cloth diapers (I didn't fully commit to them and got tired of laundry)

s/o cloth diapers, I've got plenty of brand new fuzzibunz diapers if anyone wants to buy them Stick out tongue 

• Options
    imageLaurski81:

the piece of sh!t Sony Baby Call monitor that beeps "range" warnings when we are in the next effing room 

YES!!! I hate that F-ing thing!

Best: bouncy seat, RnP, breast friend pillow, Baby 411 book

Worst: 'travel' swing - what a PITA, boppy, the cheap-a$s snap & go stroller frame - we should have just got the carseat adapter for our city mini 

• Options
    SBBBESBBBE member
    Best: swing, bouncer, sterilizer and bassinets
    Worst: twin breast feeding pillow, diaper pail and sleep sacks in larger sizes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Best: jumperoo (he still loves bouncing in it!), mommaroo swing, & sound machine

Worst: bobby, bumbo, and 4 Moms Oragami stroller (It was a huge piece of s***! Broke three times, and not worth the $800...Luckily it was a gift, and we didn't waste our $$)  

• Options

Best: Rock n Play, Motorola video monitor, Tiny Love Soothe and Groove mobile, Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Seahorse, Diaper Genie, Sleep Sheep, Maxi Cosi Mico infant car seat

Worst: expensive Skip Hop diaper bag (can never find anything in it), Moby wrap, Maxi Cosi Foray stroller (rides perfect but have to remove the seat to fold it), Bumbo, Snuza (never used it)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"