1st Trimester

Nagging pain in abdomen, concerned????

This morning I appear to have this nagging almost like a stitch in the right side of my abdomen.  Never had anything like this with either of my other pregnancies and just wondering if it is something I should be concerned about?  I am 5wks 5days right now and still have 2 weeks before my first appointment.  Any advice would be great.

Re: Nagging pain in abdomen, concerned????

• I always get that pain right around ovulation time... This is my first pregnancy and I got the pain again the other night. It passed after a couple of hours...

Since its normal for me, I didn't really question it. But I was going to call my doctor if it didn't stop.

• I felt this on my left side at around 5 weeks. It took a day or 2 but it has gone away. I've heard it's pretty common.

IAmPregnant Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe round ligament pain??
  • Hi! I had this one day as well. Mine ran down the right side of my abs. I googled images of abdomen anatomy and it lined up pretty well with the large intestines. I'm wondering, if digestion slows when pregnant (and your uterus is expanding which could possibly pinch it at some point), it was probably just gas. I exercised and it was a lot better after (yup, sorry gas!) and since then I have not had this issue. If it is higher up on the right side, focused in one spot it could be a gall bladder issue which I know my mother in law had. I hope this helps! 
                January Siggy Challenge

Praying for our May15 baby!          January 2014- Welcome Sweet Kimber!
    image     image
  • Thanks everyone!  The pain has since gone away so I feel much better now!  Not sure what it was but glad it is gone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"