Multiples

Anyone sleep their twins together?

We had planned to use the pack n play all along, but the NICU nurse told us to absolutely never sleep them together so now I'm having to rethink our sleeping situation. I'd love to hear how you all manage sleeping arrangements for your twins. Thanks!
Me: 29 DH: 30 TTC # 1 since 2008, in denial of needing an RE until 2012 DX with severe MFI, straight to IVF IVF #1 August 2012- stims 8/18, ER 8/28- 18R, 11M, 10F. 9/3 ET cancelled due to chronic OHSS. 6 awesome embies on ice! 9/27 FET Beta #1: 427-BFP!!! Beta #2: 856 First u/s 10/15: two sacs!! Ahh, twins!! imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone sleep their twins together?

• when they were nb they slept together but once they started to wiggle around, which didn't take long. we moved them to seperate cribs but if they napped in a pack n play they were always together in it. we stopped using the cribs several months ago all together and co sleep now on a queen bed on the floor of their room. DH stays in our room alone bc of his work schedule. I love sleeping with them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well that ruins my plans too. We were going to sleep ours together at first as well maybe we should rethink our sleeping arrangement we are getting two cribs but I LOVED my pack n play with my son it made breast feeding so easy at night the first few months. Thanks for posting this I would love to see what other MOMs do/did

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • Loading the player...
  • Shel79Shel79 member
    Mine are 10 weeks old, and sleep together in a crib every night.  They were in a pack n play in our room together at first, though.  They haven't rolled from back to belly yet, so it seems safe enough for them to share a crib and they seem to sleep better together.  Once they start rolling, I will probably have to put them in their own cribs. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hmm, weird. They had mine together in the same isolette in the NICU. They never said anything to us about them sleeping apart. I'd guess it's a SIDS thing.

Once they were home we had them together in a full sized co-sleeper (with a fan nearby for airflow). Eventually we realized they slept better in the RNPs though. Now they share a room but each have their own crib.

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Mine have slept together since the day they came home from the NICU. They are 7 months old now. We use a pnp.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • palm513palm513 member
    We used the bassinet in the PnP until they were like 2 months and started moving around more in their sleep. The reason they say not to let them sleep together is to reduce accidental suffocation(twins tend to pull their faces into the other twins allowing air to get trapped). After they out grew that we separated them into their own bassinet and then into their own PnP. 
  • My hospital said no also due to SIDS. We did RNPs then personal cribs at 4 months.
  • imagehayleydeee:

Hmm, weird. They had mine together in the same isolette in the NICU. They never said anything to us about them sleeping apart. I'd guess it's a SIDS thing.

I asked for them to be together in the event of a NICU stay and was told absolutely not.  Our hospital is anti sleeping together and we are torn.  I registered for RnPs and 2 cribs, but the idea of separating them makes me sad...  Guess we'll see when they get here. 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jcathjcath member
    Mine slept in a rock n plays next to each other for the first 4 mos. The RnPs were in my room early on and then moved to their bedroom.  We did put them for "awake" time in the big crib together alot and I put both of them in the bassinet of the pack n play together to look at mobiles and the like.
  • imageReilly626:
    My hospital said no also due to SIDS. We did RNPs then personal cribs at 4 months.

This for us as well. We had a RNP on either side of the bed. DH always fed the one on his side and same for me. This worked great until 4 months when we put them in the nursery in their own cribs.
    TTC Since Jan. 2011
    July 2011: Clomid 50mg- No ovulation
    Sept 2011: Clomid 100mg- No ovulation
    Nov 2011: Clomid 150mg- No ovulation
    Jan-Feb 2012: 150mg Clomid and 5 mg Femara w/ Orvidrel Shot- Ovulation!!
    Feb 2012: IUI #1- BFP
    Beta #1: 206
    Beta #2: 2496
    Feb 16: TWINS!!!
    June 13: Found out genders... Boy/Girl (Team Green)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/acc1h5.jpg[/IMG]
  • jbl126jbl126 member

When I brought them home from the hospital, they slept in one crib.  That maybe lasted a month, if that. 

They slept in their own cribs until we converted it to a bed. Now they sleep together in a full size bed.

• imageReilly626:
    My hospital said no also due to SIDS. We did RNPs then personal cribs at 4 months.

This for us as well. We had a RNP on either side of the bed. DH always fed the one on his side and same for me. This worked great until 4 months when we put them in the nursery in their own cribs.
    TTC Since Jan. 2011

• imageReilly626:

TTC Since Jan. 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"