Baby Showers

BRU registry includes warranties and batteries

BRU has this new thing with their registries where with anything you register for that has batteries and/or warranties, it automatically says on your registry that YOU'VE requested the warranty and batteries! (It says this on the printed registry. Online it just mentions it's available.) We discovered this when my sister went to buy a gift off of a registry for a relative. She was so mad that the mother-to-be did this that she didn't buy anything that said this! After looking into it after my daughter registered, we discovered that it was in fact BRU that adds this. My daughter asked the employee at the registry desk to remove this and she was able to. Just a heads up to anyone that doesn't want to appear rude and gift-grabby!

Re: BRU registry includes warranties and batteries

• Uhm...when I registered with BRU they asked if I wanted to allow these items. It's entirely optional. Optional to have on the register and optional to buy. Someone must have authorized it...

• Cleo421Cleo421 member
    Nope, OP is correct. This happened to a friend of mine and to me. Nothing was authorized. I had to call and change it.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I registered online and I don't see that on my registry. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Thank you for the heads up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemajwv8:
    imageELauren88:
    Uhm...when I registered with BRU they asked if I wanted to allow these items. It's entirely optional. Optional to have on the register and optional to buy. Someone must have authorized it...
    Same for me. I'm wondering if it depends on the customer service rep that helps you.

This is very possible. I have been having a wonderful time with BRU. My registry rep is very helpful, and the store is very accommodating, and I've had zero issues. This does not appear to be the case everywhere. :(

• CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    Interesting. My cousin bought the diaper bag off my registry and she also bought a two year replacement plan. I thought that was nice, but unusual. Now I'm wondering if it's because BRU did this on my registry as well. I'm going to call my cousin to inquire.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jencnhjencnh member

imageCNJ4EVA:
    Interesting. My cousin bought the diaper bag off my registry and she also bought a two year replacement plan. I thought that was nice, but unusual. Now I'm wondering if it's because BRU did this on my registry as well. I'm going to call my cousin to inquire.

Who buys a replacement plan on a diaper bag?!?! Let us know what she says.

And for PP, my daughter was never asked if she wanted it. It was just added so I guess it is all in who you get helping you at BRU!

• imageELauren88:

imagemajwv8:
    imageELauren88:
    Uhm...when I registered with BRU they asked if I wanted to allow these items. It's entirely optional. Optional to have on the register and optional to buy. Someone must have authorized it...
    Same for me. I'm wondering if it depends on the customer service rep that helps you.

This is very possible. I have been having a wonderful time with BRU. My registry rep is very helpful, and the store is very accommodating, and I've had zero issues. This does not appear to be the case everywhere. :(

My bff is the BRU registry rep for our local BRU, it's entirely optional in store, but sometimes the rep doesn't ask if you want it or not so it ends up on there anyway.  She said when you do the registry online, it's not an automatic add-on, but apparently in-store it is if the rep doesn't disable it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Almost every store will ask customers at the register about warranties on electronic/high cost items, and batteries (it's called upselling). It's like going to the Post Office to ship something and being asked if you'd like stamps.

I think it's a bit ridiculous to refuse to buy any gift on a registry because you don't want to buy the protection plan. Just don't buy the protection plan. Or pick a different gift that doesn't require one. I thought my sister's dishes on her wedding registry were hideous, so I didn't buy them- I picked other items.

imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • I'm just not surprised (thought I appreciate the heads up.) SMH.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• i did my registry at the store and remember seeing this on the app. i refused it. i did call their customer service so i can get the vib off my registry. i just didnt want anyone to confuse it with giving me a gift card.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ugh- I just left Babies R Us. They are so frustrating to me. I brought my application with me, and they said that even though I checked the box that I couldn't remove the request for protection plans from my registry... there was a protection plan request for a 4.99 bottle and nipple cleaner. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!? I had to get a manager to take it off. then I was told that I couldn't get the VIB card off. So i guess I will be calling corporate to get it taken off. I really wish there were a BBB near home so that we could just register there and avoid BRU completely.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"