Pregnant after IF

Baby Aspirin

Hi ladies!
I found out after my second loss I had a mutation of the MTHFR gene and was put on baby aspirin. My RE said I would need to take it everday for the rest of my life and shouldn't take BCP's ever again either.
Anyone here take baby aspirin and if so did you take it your whole pregnancy or did your OB or will they take you off of it at some point? I am calling my OB tomorrow with this question, I forgot to ask at my last appt., but wanted to hear your thoughts! I am just wanting to make sure I should keep taking it everyday during this pregnancy, I am a little over 21 weeks. Thanks ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Aspirin

• Gr8teGr8te member

I would call. My RE kept me on baby aspirin for 12 weeks. I asked my OB about it at my 10 week appointment and he said it's no big deal. Some women with clotting problems are on it throughout their entire pregnancy.

~ Everyone Welcome ~
    TTC: 05/2011 Me: 32, All Clear DH: 38 Dx: MFI Low Testosterone & 1% Morphology
    IVF #1 w/ICSI & IMSI, 12/03/12: ER: 27R, 20M, 15F
    4 blasts frozen (3BA 4BA 4BB 5BB) b/c of moderate OHSS
    FET #1: 02/08/13 Transferred 3BA & 4BA | HPT 5dp5dt BFP!

10dp5dt Beta #1 - 810 | 12dp5dt Beta #2 - 1843 BabyFetus Ticker
  • I will be on it the whole pregnancy
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! Since I think mine has to do with clotting issues RE said I needed to take it for the rest of my life I may need to stay on it but I am going to call OB tomorrow just to check!
  • I took it in 1st tri then my OB took me off because I was bleeding and she didn't want the aspirin to contribute to that. I'll go back on it at 28 weeks but stop again at 36 (in case I need a repeat c-section). Nobody has said anything to me about going back on it after baby is born but I don't have the MTHFR mutation (that I know of). I know it's totally safe during pregnancy if that's what you're worried about.
  • imagenewtothis:
    I took it in 1st tri then my OB took me off because I was bleeding and she didn't want the aspirin to contribute to that. I'll go back on it at 28 weeks but stop again at 36 in case I need a repeat csection. Nobody has said anything to me about going back on it after baby is born but I don't have the MTHFR mutation that I know of. I know it's totally safe during pregnancy if that's what you're worried about.
    I was worried about that, so I appreciate you telling me that! It eased my worries! I will still call tomorrow just in case!
  • I'm 34 weeks and still taking it.
  • mae141mae141 member
    My RE says that while MTHFR can cause blood clots in the placenta, it's not really a clotting disorder. He has me on Lovenox until 12 weeks and I am also on baby aspirin, but once I'm not TTC anymore it's not something I need to worry about. From all that I've read, doctors disagree on the impact of MTHFR. It's weird. 
  • My RE said to stay on until week 14, but OB asked that i stay on it for duration of pregnancy. I have high blood pressure (pre-pregnancy) and she said she has found it helps combat pre-E when you stay on it.

FWIW, my BP has stayed normal throughout entire pregnancy so far with exception of one abnormal spike about 7 weeks.

~Jen
    4/12: HSG All Clear
    5-1-12: DX of PCOS
    5-4-12: DH S/A all normal.
    5-16-12: Offically start IUI#1-->Clomid(50mg) + Trigger + IUI + progesterone supplements=BFN
    IUI #2-same treatment-->BFN
    July IUI#3-same treatment--->BFN
    Aug 22, 2012-Laparoscopy Found/Removed extensive endometreosis.
    September 2012-IUI #4-Same treatment as before. BFN
    October 2012-forced break/Surgery to remove abnormal cells in left breast.
    November 2012-First Injects Cycle (IUI #5)! 225IU Follistim CD 3-5, then monitoring appointment. 20+ follier & e2 >2000-Mild OHSS
    December 2012-#2 Injects + IUI#6): Beta 1/18/13-BFN!
    Jan 2013-Starting IVF!!! BC starts Jan 17/Lupron on Feb 13/Stims on Feb 18/ER on March 1 IVF Protocol: Lupron 10 units in am until stimms. Then 5 units of Lurpon in am, 150iu of Follistim and 1 unit of Menopur in pm. Holding dosage throughtout since response has been great. Thought we would be freeze all due to OHSS, but ended up getting more follicles then expected! 14 total!!! 12 mature and 11 fertilized. Dr calls for a 5 day transfer!! :) Will freeze remaining.
    With Love & Strength, Hope Grows!
    WHEN, not IF!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"