November 2012 Moms
Options

upset baby

Does anyone else's baby fight them when it is time to change his diaper or clothes?  LO wiggles and tries to turn over and even fake cries sometimes when you lay him down on the changing pad.  Ideas? Do I need to get something to distract him while he is laying there? TIA.

Re: upset baby

• Options
    I always have a small toy on hand to give DS while changing if they are being a bit roudy. Usually some sort of small rattle or even a paci
    V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine tries to roll over and play with wipes, or the diaper im trying to put on her.

I usually have a rattle or paci to distract her, but it doesnt always work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My LO can completely flip out during these changes, so I either sing a bouncy song to her (current fave is "single babies" - which contains a lot of doobe doos, because I don't know the words) or when I grab her sleeve to pull it off her arm, I make silly noises that match the action. I've started to give her an explanation of what I'm going to do as well, since she understands some words - so long before we get to the change table I tell her I'm going to change her diaper, would she like me to change her diaper, let's change the diaper now...okay I'm laying you down on the table, now I'm going to change your diaper...wait, we are out of diaper wipes...and so on. The talking seems to help.

Still, sometimes, like last night..nothing helps. She is tired or having teething pain and nothing in the world is as bad as that cardigan coming off.

• Options
    We have a Baby Einstein octopus toy by the changing pad, and we turn it on every time we change a diaper. I put it right on his chest and let him hold it now, as he was twisting and rolling to try to look at it. Distractions definitely help. We can't do bath time without rubber ducky, either.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    K is all over the place and nothing distracts him. When he sees something he wants he doesn't let up. I have to make diaper changes super boring and make sure there is nothing around him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"