January 2013 Moms
Options

New York City Recommendations

Any NYC ladies, or experienced travelers out there - I will be in NYC Sunday - Tuesday, so Sunday night or Monday night I am looking for suggestions for dinner/things to see and do. I will be by myself and staying near the World Trade Center in the financial district. (I am also gluten free- for dinner ideas).

Re: New York City Recommendations

• Options

I lived in NYC for 5 year pre 9-11, and I used to recommend that people get a drink at Windows on the World, the bar that used to be at the top of the World Trade Center.  It was an amazing view, to say the least.  So sad that it's gone.

I can't recommend restaurants because they have changed too much since I've lived there.  But my favorite past-time used to be just throwing on a good pair of walking shoes and walking the city.  I could literally pass 8 hours on a weekend doing this, alone, and be perfectly entertained and happy.  Walk up to Central Park via Soho and Broadway!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure about gluten free, but the burger joint on 56th b/w 5th and 6th at the Parker Meridien is a hidden gem!! I'm from Jersey, but have spent a fair amount of time in NYC. There is so much to do, just walk around, and wear comfy shoes!! Enjoy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JmattisJmattis member
    I live in NYC and recommend going to don Antonio's on 50th, between 8th and 9th they got voted number 1 pizza in the city and have the best gluten free pizza! After that you can head to Central Park since its so close or walk to 5th ave or Times Square.

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"