Multiples

let's talk pack n plays for twins

We are thinking co-sleeper for next to bed after LO's are born. However, trying to find a good pack n play to use for twins to keep downstairs to put kiddo's in during the day.  Any recommendations? (DH was thinking getting another co-sleeper for downstairs, but then it has to be butted up against wall and i'm not sure that will be possible with all the stuff we will have now.)

~Jen
4/12: HSG All Clear
5-1-12: DX of PCOS
5-4-12: DH S/A all normal.
5-16-12: Offically start IUI#1-->Clomid(50mg) + Trigger + IUI + progesterone supplements=BFN
IUI #2-same treatment-->BFN
July IUI#3-same treatment--->BFN
Aug 22, 2012-Laparoscopy Found/Removed extensive endometreosis.
September 2012-IUI #4-Same treatment as before. BFN
October 2012-forced break/Surgery to remove abnormal cells in left breast.
November 2012-First Injects Cycle (IUI #5)! 225IU Follistim CD 3-5, then monitoring appointment. 20+ follier & e2 >2000-Mild OHSS
December 2012-#2 Injects + IUI#6): Beta 1/18/13-BFN!
Jan 2013-Starting IVF!!! BC starts Jan 17/Lupron on Feb 13/Stims on Feb 18/ER on March 1 IVF Protocol: Lupron 10 units in am until stimms. Then 5 units of Lurpon in am, 150iu of Follistim and 1 unit of Menopur in pm. Holding dosage throughtout since response has been great. Thought we would be freeze all due to OHSS, but ended up getting more follicles then expected! 14 total!!! 12 mature and 11 fertilized. Dr calls for a 5 day transfer!! :) Will freeze remaining.
With Love & Strength, Hope Grows!
WHEN, not IF!!!

Re: let's talk pack n plays for twins

• rn8rn8 member

We had a cosleeper next to our bed and a pack and play downstairs.  We have a pretty no-frills pack and play.  It had a diaper changer but we didn't use it for that.  We set up a diaper changing station on top of a cabinet b/c I didn't trust putting my baby on it.  My twins just turned 1 and we are now using the pack and play more than ever now, mostly to contain one or both of them so my husband and I can eat dinner without someone on our lap.  They never really napped in the pnp, I always tried to put them in the crib, or sometimes they catnapped in the swing.  HTH!

B/G twins born 5/12

• I know the main complaint about twin PnPs are that the bassinets sag in the middle, but I loved my twin PnP (and still do). They slept in the pnp bassinets from 0 to three months, then went to their cribs after that. Mine did sag a little bit, but it didn't bother my girls.

• Loading the player...
  • I hated our twin PnP.  Too big.  Bassinet part extremely flimsy and ours completely tilted towards the middle.

We used it ONCE.  Ever.  Never pulled it out again.

We quickly purchased 2 bassinets.  Used them for one month.

Babies slept better in swings and/or bouncy seats for the next 5 months.

Crib at 6 months.

Good luck!!

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • The co-sleepers are a pain to set up, so it's nice to have a PnP too because they are more portable. We had one with a diaper changing area/ bassinet. It worked out fine. One was enough. The few times we traveled and needed an extra we were able to rent it or get one from the hotel. 

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"