Parenting after a Loss

Don't read "any oct12 moms"

It's a link to a woman talking about how upset she is to be pregnant again and how she's hoping to mc.  I'm not sure why in the world you would post it on this board.  If you want to help her with her PPD read it, but it was hard enough for me to read on my own Oct12 board, it should never have been brought to AL board.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

Re: Don't read "any oct12 moms"

• ct103ct103 member
    Dude, that's messed up. Sorry you saw it Petunia. I'm so glad I'm on mobile and the link wasn't clicky.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRachaelA:

The poster was trying to find someone who knows the girl to make sure she is okay. Why is there something wrong with that? PPD is a scary thing and there is nothing wrong with someone trying to make sure the poor girl is okay.

ETA: I do agree that the post should probably have a warning though, but the poster was just trying to do a good thing.

I realize that and even said it in my post....but putting on a board full of women who've had miscarriages is not the right place to do it.  I didn't attack her, I even said if you want to help her with her PPD go ahead and read it. 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • julesjbjulesjb member
    It's an incredibly sad story and I really hope she is getting help. I took from it how disappointed she is in herself for feeling that way not that she was hopeful. I get how hard it is to read but we all more than a lot have compassion for the trials that come along with this whole journey. I feel like saying it shouldn't be posted here is like when people on the BMBs say they don't want to hear about m/c bc it scares them when all those mommas need are support
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejulesjb:
    It's an incredibly sad story and I really hope she is getting help. I took from it how disappointed she is in herself for feeling that way not that she was hopeful. I get how hard it is to read but we all more than a lot have compassion for the trials that come along with this whole journey. I feel like saying it shouldn't be posted here is like when people on the BMBs say they don't want to hear about m/c bc it scares them when all those mommas need are support

If the original post had been here that would have been a different story... but it wasn't, it was someone saying go read this... I just don't quite understand why you would do that on this board.   

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• I think lrachelle's post was a sign that lrachelle is concerned about this woman's well being...and is calling out for someone who may know her.  She knows how supportive PAL mommas are - no matter what.

I do understand how hurtful it can be to "know" someone who doesn't want their baby, but she needs support from people who were on her BMB.  Some PAL women who may have been on the Oct 12 board may not frequent that board much any longer. 

Lrachelle is really just trying to help. 

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • julesjbjulesjb member
    imagecarrieandtim:
    I think lrachelle's post was a sign that lrachelle is concerned about this woman's well being...and is calling out for someone who may know her.nbsp; She knows how supportive PAL mommas are no matter what.I do understand how hurtful it can be to "know" someone who doesn't want their baby, but she needs support from people who were on her BMB.nbsp; Some PAL women who may have been on the Oct 12 board may not frequent that board much any longer.nbsp; Lrachelle isnbsp;really just trying to help.nbsp;

Yes exactly. I think she was just going somewhere that is filled with people who have needed someone in their darkest moments. It was very kind to reach out to a stranger. I wish I did know this girl or how to help her. Again she never said she was actively trying to do harm just that she had thoughts of it. If someone here suffered from ppd and had scary thought I hope they know this is a place to share so we can help. Can't avoid other people's hurt
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRachaelA:
    The poster was trying to find someone who knows the girl to make sure she is okay. Why is there something wrong with that? PPD is a scary thing and there is nothing wrong with someone trying to make sure the poor girl is okay.nbsp;ETA: I do agree that the post should probably have a warning though, but the poster was just trying to do a good thing.
    I agree.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I agree with PPs.. I read the post.. and, yes, it's hard to hear someone contemplate termination or to "hope" for a miscarriage.. but what struck me more is the desperation in her tone.. I hope so much someone IRL has reached out and recognized that she's found herself in such a low place and is helping her... Depression of any kind is a scary demon.. it changes you, and makes you do irrational things..

I hope the OP is okay.

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"