March 2013 Moms

So over my dogs! Vent

Anyone else so over their dogs now that LO is here?? My little dog has been going to the bathroom in the house. Like I have extra time to be scrubbing my rugs. Mind you this is right after she goes outside. I am so over it!!! I would get rid of them if DH would let me. Anyone else have similar experiences with their dogs now??

Re: So over my dogs! Vent

• Same! As soon as they come in from outside! I can leave them out there for 20 minutes and 5 minutes after they come, someone poops in the hallway. It happened last spring too though. I think my ditzy one gets a little too into the birds and squirrels and forgets why she is out there
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Is this jealousy at it's finest? That's what it sounds like. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Awww no... Sounds like they're throwing a jealousy tantrum, are they getting enough attention/exercise? I can't relate because our dog still our baby.. Not to be compared with LO of course, but she's very much part of the family. What I found helped was:
    Making sure she's well exercised in our case that's at least two, milelong walks a day, though on most days one of those is 2 miles a tired dog is a happy dog.
    Giving her a lot of supervised contact with LO by now she knows she's allowed to lick her feet only. Plus doing joint outings, the entire family, like short hikes and picnics.
    Giving her lots of attention and love.

She knows she's no longer our only baby, and yes, probably doesn't get quite as much attention as before, but has taken really well to the adjustment and it's amazing to see how much she loves our daughter already.
  • If you have any free time, I highly recommend reading "Cesar's Way" by Cesar, the dog whisperer. I read it when our dog was 2 years old and a terrorist she's a lab and his recommendations turned her into the most well behaved, pleasant dog.. Highly highly recommended read for everyone.
  • Don't have dogs, but I do have a cat I find myself cursing at daily! Thankfully she hasn't terrorized the apartment, but she has taken to being more interested in LO which has equaled her rubbing her face against LO while he was feeding, etc.
  • I have two very energetic boxers. Thank God it is spring so they spend a majority of the day in the yard.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sounds like someone needs some extra attention. Are you a FTM? If so, you might want to love on them a little more. We have a very high maintenance German shorthair who was certainly our first baby. I have made it a point to love on him when DH has the baby, give him his exercise that he always got, etc. They are a part of your family and you need to adjust to share attention just as if this was a second child and the first child was throwing a tantrum for attention.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kota26Kota26 member
    My dog and cat have adjusted well, but my parrot is driving me crazy.  He gets to be out of his cage 90% of the day and is loved while the baby naps or is occupied.  This is more attention than most pet birds get, but that is not enough for the diva. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dog drives me crazy too. He always barks now at everything and follows me nonstop so i trip on him at least ten times a day.
  • This is so me lately! I have a 1 year old pitbull that my boyfriend and I got about a month before I found out I was pregnant. He is the sweetest dog and I used to love when he would jump up and greet me or lay next to me on the couch, but lately I just worry about the baby so he is starting not to get as much attention and turns to chewing on my shoes.. Then he gets put in the kennal and cries and barks, which then makes LO wake up. He still gets to go on walks and sleeps in bed with us and we try to give him a lot of attention but there is just not enough time in the day sometimes! I also got a kitten the day I found out my LO was a girl and she would sleep on my chest but as soon as the baby got here I was afraid that she would try to lay on the baby for warmth so she no longer sleeps with me. Instead she meows and paws at my doors at all hours during the night! I love my pets and they do great aorund LO but they still have been annoying the hell out of me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree with PP they're probably just jealous and feeling left out. My girl dog pooped in Jake's room every day the first few weeks he was home. This appeared to be an attention-getting measure as I'd discipline her any time she did it; guess she figured even negative attention was better than none. Now I make sure to pet or cuddle her a little first time I see her in the morning. Usually when I do that, she refrains from even going in there. It's hard to make that time, especially if Jake is having a needy day, but even just one scratch between the ears on my way to the bathroom is enough to satisfy her.

• After reading this i no longer feel like a horrible person. I thought it was just me. I mean i love my pets but my baby is going ot crawl on that floor you keep pissingon after I just let you back in ahhhhhhhh. lol 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"