Working Moms
Options

Just went back to work....

Yesterday was my first day back and I'm so sad. The day itself is fine but I don't get home til 6 which leaves me with 2 hrs with DS and or me it did not feel like enough time last night . I cried on the commute home in traffic and cried putting him to bed . Will this get easier ? I would love something part time or work from home for better balance but I work in financial services
And don't have that option in my job . I'm
Jumping the gun here and know I need to give it more time.. I just feel sad !

Ok vent over!

Re: Just went back to work....

• Options

It is so hard in the beginning, but it does get better. Hugs to you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Give yourself some time to adjust. Once you become a mama, your priorities will probably never be the same. You'll always have the nag to be home with your kids, but take solace in the fact that you're doing good things and will (probably) eventually enjoy your job again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ccamccam member
    It's so hard in the beginning, but it gets better!!  It becomes less of a sadness and more of a I can't wait to get home kind of feeling.  Seeing DS's face at the end of the day makes it all worth it. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    jd614jd614 member
    Thanks ladies ! It's so dumb to say but I feel like since he's so little he will never know I'm his mom. He spends more time with his caretakers than me so last night when I got home I felt like he didn't even care I was gone! He's only 4 mos old so yes I know I'm being ridiculous !!
  • Options
    KisstyKissty member
    I totally know what you are going through.  I work long hours.  I leave home at 5 am and do not return until 6 pm.  8 is bedtime.  (exactly 2 hours)  Dad gets him ready and drops him off in the mornings and picks him up in the evenings.  I thought he'll never know I'm Mom.  What if I can no longer comfort him, what if the only person who can comfort him his GG (his caregiver)?  I'm going to miss all of his firsts Crying.  Guess what I learned?  I am Mom and NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can replace me.  I can still comfort him, and I receive the biggest most beautiful smiles when I see him after work.  Each time he does something new it's the first time I saw it so I mark that as his first. Iit will get better day by day.  Some days you'll just want to cry.  Go ahead let it out but know you are working to give your child more opportunities and a better childhood.  You're sad and upset because you love your LO more than anything.  It gets easiser just as everyone says.  Chin up you're doing this for LO (adult conversation and getting out of the house is also a bonus for you even if you don't see it right now).  Chin up Mama!!

imageimage 

• Options
    It does get easier! Hugs to you.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"