December 2011 Moms
Options

Charting to TTA?

Have any of you charted to TTA? I was thinking about doing this but don't feel confident enough to do it effectively. We would like to stop preventing around August. Anyone had success? My BC is free so it wouldn't be saving any money to chart, I just feel weird because I don't get a period with the BC I'm on. I know I shouldn't complain - it is pretty awesome. It just scares me sometimes.

Re: Charting to TTA?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    yes, I charted to TTA for 2+ years before we decided to switch to TTC.  Not once did we have a scare and I loved not being on BC and seeing what my body was doing.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm charting to avoid until the fall.  I've only had 3 periods since I stopped nursing almost 6 months ago, so it's helping me keep track of things in that department too.  We also use condoms around O time as well.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I charted to avoid for a year before starting to TTC before I got pregnant with DS. We used condoms from CD6 until after confirmed O. I just got my period back about a month ago (still BFing) and have started charting again, avoiding for a cycle or 2 and then TTC. So far, so good! My DS still wakes up at night and sometimes I'll be up for an hour with him, but I've still managed to have a readable chart just by temping sometime between 5 am and 8 am whenever I've gotten the most sleep.
        image  image

• Options
    NNGnomeNNGnome member

I did successfully for DS #1, as I wanted to come off the Pill a few months before we started charting, as pps said, I just used condoms between around day 10 and when O was confirmed.

I did it unsuccessfully for DS #2, as I was TTA when I got pregnant, but I will be honest, I wasn't being that careful ( I new I wouldn't be bothered if it happened earlier then planned) and stopped using condoms before O was confirmed (when by CM rather than temp) so it is my own fault.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options
    We do this now, but that being said, we would be absolutely fine with a pregnancy right now.  A little earlier than planed, but we would be happy.  If we were absolutely trying to avoid, I would use a back up form of birth control.  My cycle has been so wacky since weaning, so I wouldn't completely trust charting if I was adamant about not getting pregnant right now.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"