November 2012 Moms

Anyone else's LO not cool with stroller?

We have a baby jogger city mini, which requires an infant under 6 months to be in a car seat, but the car seat faces the parent. Now that LO has outgrown the car seat, she has to face out. Getting her into the stroller to sit was not easy. The first three times she cried hysterically. She has been in it many times since, but it has always be tough on her. She can be eased into it with a bit of play and singing....but she is really only good for about a half hour. After that she starts to cry...i mean... really, really cry...and I find myself walking beside the stroller with my head poking under the hood or dragging it by the hood, so I can walk in front....and on occasion, walking backwards with my head under the hood. I'm thinking this is not the stroller for us. LO is coming to hate the carrier, so I think we will have to get a new set of wheels soon.

anyone else have this experience? 

Re: Anyone else's LO not cool with stroller?

• we did in the beginning with our stroller. But we did a few different things to kind of get LO into it. When DH and I are out together one of us always walks in front of the stroller, so that LO can see one of us, even if it is just our back it seems to help.  We always make sure there is a fun toy dangling for him. Sometimes I take the hood off/tip it forward and recline him back so he can look up at me.

We have the chicco stroller so I am not sure if your hood can be positioned or removed, but it does help us when we are inside the store since it opens it up more to the outside world.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have one that can rear face, and it's a life saver sometimes.  If he's fussy or it's windy out or whatever.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone. It's funny - the things I would do differently now. I imagined I would be jumping into and out of cabs and that this stroller would be perfect for that. My LO is a sensitive soul and I can't remember the last time I was in a cab. Seems silly to have chosen this stroller now.

Thanks for the recs. That b-ready is seriously cool. Looks perfect. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"