Babies: 3 - 6 Months

pouch foods

I know solids are a ways off for my 11.5 week old but what is with the pouch foods and the attachments? Pouch foods didnt exist when I was introducing my 16 and 21 year olds to food.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook

Re: pouch foods

• Not sure about attachments...I guess some have spoons?  It's just purees.  I know someone gave us a spoon thing you can put the puree into so you can squeeze it onto the spoon vs. use a bowl.  Same thing.  My toddler loved to be able to use the squeezy food himself and it was a quick thing for snack when we were out somewhere or when I just wanted to add quick veggies to something a little less than healthy we were eating.  It's just baby food in a squeezy pouch.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I believe they are mainly for "on the go" purposes. Spoons that attach eliminate the need for bowls and you can replace the cap to seal it back up. I got a couple pouches for that reason, but I either get the regular jar types or make my own baby food because the pouches are too expensive to use on a regular basis.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • g8trkimg8trkim member
    Are you talking about those spoons that attach to the pouches? I bought some but haven't used them yet. I'm guessing it's for babies who can't suck out of the pouches yet so you can spoon feed them. I figured we might use them when we're out of the house. I'm thinking they will either be awesome or more trouble than they're worth. I guess we'll see.

• They gross me out. something off about sucking your food out of a bag.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"