Babies on the Brain
Options

NBR: Husband's "personal hygiene"

Someone at my husband's work told their supervisor that DH stinks. Like he smells bad. The supervisor told my husband that he got a complaint about it...DH said "yeah, I need to shower more often I guess", trying to brush it off as sort of funny.

DH doesn't smell bad. Even when he does, you have to be right up in his arm pits to be able to smell anything, and even then, it's not enough to say something about it.

So I'm confused and offended that someone would say something so rude. I mean, if the person who complained can't concentrate when there are bad smells at work, he (or she) shouldn't be working there... I guess DH could have farted or something, but this "smell" is not something he can control, for crying out loud.

What would you do if your SO came home and told you that they were told they stink at work? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Husband's "personal hygiene"

• Options

Since people that have an issue with ''body smells'' are usually the ones who cannot leave home with anything short of 5 oz of Axe body spray, I wouldn't be able to sympathize for/with them. I do cross the line at garlic breath tho... that is horrid!

Maybe it was a chic who reported your DH... a pregnant one.

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • Options

Maybe he really does smell but you don't notice because you're used to it? 

But yeah it does seem weird to complain that someone stinks. Ooh, does he smoke?  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My husband can stink sometimes. He has a physical job. I notice it less than others because I am used to it. He takes a shower and everything is fine. 

Don't be mad, be proactive. Have him shower more, change to a stronger deodorant, make sure he brushes his teeth before work and after lunch. In reality, he could loose his job over this even if you don't think it's a problem.  

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    Make sure he keeps deodorant at work that he can reapply throughout the day, and maybe a body spray and toothbrush. Shower every morning for sure, and majorly scrub the smelly parts of the body each morning. Make sure the clothes don't stink- sometimes if you wash it in cold, smell stays in the arms and then when heat hits it, it stinks. So look into that as well. And tell him if he farts, spray a body spray to cover it or something ha! And yeah, if he smokes- well then, not to smoke!!
    Baby Girl, due 12-31-14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

He is not allowed to smoke; company rules. He would not have gotten the job if he was a smoker.

But he's in the shower right now. I'm just mad that someone was douch*y enough to say something to the supervisor instead of directly to him. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageChristyML:

He is not allowed to smoke; company rules. He would not have gotten the job if he was a smoker.

But he's in the shower right now. I'm just mad that someone was douch*y enough to say something to the supervisor instead of directly to him. 

Honestly, I would have spoken to the supervisor too unless I was really, really close with that co-worker. They don't know how your husband would take it or if he would try to get back at them in petty ways. They probably wanted to avoid a snowballing conflict. 
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"