Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Growing out of baby bath tub?

DS is getting bigger and bigger every day. He loves bathtime where he can kick and splash. Currently, I put the baby bath tub into the regular tab (only filling the water inside of the baby tub). This works out great because I can sit on the ledge of the tub with him and he can splash to his hearts content without getting my bathroom floor soaking wet.

When did your LO start to outgrow the baby bath tub? And what did you or are you going to move him/her to? DS can sit up, but still needs something behind him because can't sit unsupported for long periods of time yet. I would be paranoid to put him in the regular tub, even with me sitting there with him. TIA!

BabyFruit Ticker image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Growing out of baby bath tub?

• im in the same boat(bath-lol). LO is getting too big for the little tub and we have always kept it in the big tub to keep slashing contained. but now that she is getting nearly too big im wonding on how to keep her from slipping under cause she still needs help to sit up. me and the hubs bathe her together so im guessing between to two of us we should be about to keep her ok. i am also going to find the thickest bath mat for her in the tub to sit on to help her from slipping
  • Umm...my DD used the baby tub until she was one or so.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would just keep doing what you're doing.  I swiched DS to the inflatable duck tub but he only used that for a very short time until he could sit up well, then he didn't need anything.  So I hardly used the duck.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • After she outgrew the sink (at 2 weeks) I switched to the big tub. I have a mesh wedge-shaped sling she lies in to keep her head up out of the water. It was $6 at Walmart. She splashes around fine. Sometimes we'll put her in the tub with one of us and she loves sitting and "swimming", but we need both of us to do that so it doesn't happen often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2moms2b2moms2b member

We use a bath sling seat.  It works great and can be adjusted to sit up or lean back more.  LOs love it as they can kick in the water but it keeps them up enough to keep their ears out of the water.

https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Mothers-Deluxe-Bather/dp/B003BTXSCE/ref=sr_1_5?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1369775396&sr=1-5&keywords=bath+sling

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We got a baby floaty jigger for our son. It's great. He lays in it and floats in the tub while we bathe him.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have run into the same problem just recently where my LO's feet are hanging out over the tub when she is laying down. I was thinking about just holding her while she sits in the tub although she does like to kick like your DS too. I am glad I found this thread because the sling seat sounds like a great idea though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• =Lee=B=Lee=B member
    My nephew baths I the tub inside a laundry basket it keeps him and the toys contained in smaller area.  It's just the right size, a bit smaller than a baby bath and the holes allow water to flow freely through it in the tub.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"