Baby Showers
Options

Shower - how to navigate

So my sister is planning my baby shower.  I asked her today when it might be and she told me that she stopped planning it because I never told her when I wanted it.  Is the guest of honor supposed to contact the host to tell them when to do it?  I thought the host  was to contact the guest of honor about possible dates?

Re: Shower - how to navigate

• Options

I'm going to assume there is something else going on, or perhaps your sister tends to be a bit immature in general.

She just stopped planning instead of TALKING to you?  That makes no sense. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Typically the hostess might ask you for a range of dates you are available but that varies.  I wouldn't get too hung up on the "supposed to" stuff at this point.  Has she ever hosted a shower before?  Is there other stuff going on between you two?  It sounds like some miscommunication.  Just go with the flow, ask her how involved she wants you to be, give her some dates, and be appreciative.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageEastCoastBride:

I'm going to assume there is something else going on, or perhaps your sister tends to be a bit immature in general.

She just stopped planning instead of TALKING to you?  That makes no sense. 

This. There has to be more to this story.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kmrortkmrort member
    She's 22 and immature.  I think I am going to suggest my friend help her as she's offered and knows what to do. 
  • Options
    I would assume she no longer wants to host it and is just using the fact that a date was never set as the excuse.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    jencnhjencnh member
    Agree that it's an excuse to get out of doing it. Instead of asking if your friend could help your sister out, since you friend offered, perhaps you could just take your friend up on her offer. It might save a lot of hassle and aggravation it seems you'll get with your sister.
  • Options
    MrseBayMrseBay member

I don't know your sister personally but it sounds like she wasn't that serious about it. My sis-in-law offered to throw me a baby shower the moment we found out we're pregnant and she started planning when I reached 20 weeks. I asked if there's something I can do to help as a courtesy because she has 2 kids (1 being 2 years old and 1 being 2 month old) and she said she got everything covered. She asked my opinion about the date (when is it convenient for me), the location/proximity for the guests, the people I wanted to be there for the shower, and where am I registered. Aside from those, she handled everything from shopping food and all the decorations and party supplies. It's our first baby and both hubby and I have never been to a shower before so we have no idea what to expect. I am just glad that she spared me from any kind of stress. We're having our shower this Saturday. 

I will check first with that friend of yours if she is still up to throwing a shower or not since originally, your sister offered to throw you one. If she's still up for it, I would just let her do the planning and not include your sister. Sorry if this will sound judgmental but I'm afraid your sister will think that it is her original idea and might think she has the last say for everything. Good luck though and hope everything will work great for you, your sister, and your shower.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"